Chapter five:~ my true self~

Ophelia Rivers' POV

Beep...Beep...Beep...

Ugh shit. The stupid alarm clock.

Beep...Beep...Beep...

OKAYY, I'm getting up. Would you shut it for once?

Beep...Beep...Beep...

With that, I bolted out of my bed, jumping on the alarm clock and slamming it onto the wall.

It fell into shreds. I never really liked the damn clock anyway.

I adjusted my pajamas bottom that was reaching my thighs due to the sudden jump, and quickly patted my hair, trying to make it a little bit neat. Because trust me, no one would want to see me in bed hair. It's like each strand is fighting with the other. I really look like a witch.

Witch... Jane, Zechariah, the curse. Everything from yesterday came flooding in my head.

"Shit" I bumped into the edge of the bed. That interrupted the train of my thoughts.

" it's entertaining to hear you swear "

Aahhhhhh. Something is wrong with my system, really. Why can't I stop thinking about Zechariah?

Whatever.

I went off to my bathroom, brushed my teeth, showered and put on a faded brown shirt with white pants. Casual and comfy.

I headed to the kitchen, where i was bound to meet grandma Mia like every morning to prepare breakfast together.

To my great surprise, I heard the sound of laughter echoing through the hallway.

 Coming close to where it came from, I saw grandma Mia and Zach clutching their hands on their stomachs and laughing their hearts out.

" Someone's having real fun without me." I addressed grandma which caused her to turn my direction.

" Hahaha yeah, well you see Zechariah was telling me about his childhood under Simon's guarding. "

" Oh? What's so funny about it?"

" You should know Simon first to understand what we're talking about or rather laughing about...Hahaha"

Then, she started an endless symphony of hysterical laughter accompanied by Zechariah.

I just stood there, feeling as an intruder in my own house. Until a hand wrapped around my neck from behind.

" Good morning, everyone" Ray's voice came to rescue me from being marginalized.

"Good morning " we all replied.

"Ray, we need to speak " I whispered so only he can hear me.

"Sure, honey, whenever you like. "

I smiled and joined grandma Mia and Zechariah to the table, followed by Ray.

Breakfast was as usual perky, such as most of our meals in this house. Ray has always believed that family discussion during meals was one of the most effective ways to keep strong relationships with each other.

I couldn't help but stare a little bit at Zechariah, he had combed his hair to the back and it was still wet. He must have taken a shower earlier. He looks so fresh and sexy and...well sexy. I was eyeing how his eyes twinkled when he smiles and when dimples showed at the edges of his mouth. I kept staring until his perfectly sculpted face turned my direction.

I then directed my attention to my plate, I had already emptied half of it and i didn't even sense it. Ray was speaking about something i wasn't listening to, which he would certainly punish me in case he caught me.