Chapter six: ~ free...from prison ~

Zechariah Evans' POV

I spent the last four hours thinking about Ophelia. Poor girl, she's been devastated by the news. Who wouldn't be?

Even I found it difficult to swallow. When Simon had told me about Ophelia and the curse and the family's grandchildren having special powers. I couldn't believe. It's like a new vision of the world revealed. But at least i didn't spend my life banned from going outside a house.

I paced back and forth in my room, passing my hand through my hair. I felt nervous and anxious and I itched to go to Ophelia's room. But i knew she wouldn't let me in. Once Raymond had informed her the harsh truth of her being a witch, she dashed out to her room, locking it and refusing to see anyone of us.

My disquiet and apprehension leaped up and the need to go console her overpowered all my emotions.

I hurriedly opened the door, clacking it on my way out.

I knocked and waited at Ophelia's door.

" Princess, open, it's me" I felt my voice crack.

No response.

" Princess, just open, it'll be okay. "

I waited, still no response.

" Ophelia, open the damn door."

I threatened in vain, no reply came back.

What if something happened to her?

" Okay, last warning, open the fucking door Ophelia, if you don't, I'll take it you're not even in conscience and I'll barge in. "

One...

Two....

Three....

Four.........

" Okay, I'm coming in by force. " I retreated back to take my momentum, ready to break the damn door, when it cracked open revealing a shivering Ophelia.

" Princess " I whispered, bringing my body next to hers. She ushered me to enter, which i did, and then closed the door facing it with her back. She rested her head on it and shut her eyes.

Her face was a bright shade of red, a smudge of tears appeared on her cheeks, her puffy red eyes raw and burning from crying. Her hair a mess and her body trembling. She hiccuped once, twice..

All I did was stand there, paralyzed. I felt something churning inside my stomach at the sight of her so weak and vulnerable. It's like I couldn't stand her being in this state.

This is so weird. I just met this girl a couple days ago and here I was worried about her.

Her eyes flashed open and met mine. A tear flowed down her right eye and I followed the path of it with my eyes until it reached her upper lip.

That was it for me.

I drew nearer and threw myself on her.

" Don't cry, princess."

As i hugged her like my life depended on it, I felt a rush feeling cutting through my body. My muscles became rigid as I gripped her tightly in my arms. She hiccuped, small gasps of crying left her mouth.

" Please stop crying, princess "

She leaned forward, loosening under my touch.

I draw circles on her back and her unsteady breathing calmed down.

"Zechariah.. hic ..he.. hic .. llied..to me..hic " she whimpered as I felt her lips moving in the base of my neck.

" I know princess. I'm sure he did it for your own good. Raymond is a wise man. "