Seventeen - Nightmares

A/N ~ apologies for how long this took to get out! I've been really focused on work and school. But i promise it's not over yet! ;)

WARNING: the following in italics will contain some blood and a disturbing dream so if you'd prefer to skip, go til the text turns normal.
——————————-

"Hello?" You called out.

Your surroundings were unrecognizable. You walked down unfamiliar city streets for what felt like hours. Sometimes your surroundings would flicker to reveal busted building and glimpses of dark things that flitted away before you got a good look.

Eventually you realized you were alone. You started to panic a little bit, searching desperately for another person.

Eventually you saw someone else and sighed with relief.

"Hello sir?" You said reaching out to tap him on the shoulder. The second you touched him he was turned around, grabbing your wrist tightly.

It was brian, the wound on his face was fresh, blood pouring down continuously. His damaged eye was hanging out of his face. He laughed manically, as the blood poured down, filling the streets.

"Brian let me go!" the blood rushed you to your waist now, flowing faster and faster.

"It's Petrify now." He said in a disembodied voice, continuing to cackle louder. The blood was flowing so fast that you were wrenched from his grip and launched down river.

You struggled to swim, your mouth filling with blood. You saw something floating near you and grabbed onto it, you turned it over to stare yourself in the face. You were dead, body severely broken. You screamed and shoved it away.

Someone grabbed your arm and started to pull
you up. you turned to see your parents, looking like zombies.

"Y/N, why didn't you save us?"

You woke up screaming.

Your heart was beating a hundred miles an hour. The door burst open and you yelled again, scrambling back.

"Y/N, it's me." Loki said softly. You blinked trying to focus your eyes, for some reason your vision was blurry.

"Are you okay? I heard you scream."

You tried to speak but were too choked up. You brought your hand to your face and realized you had been crying when you felt the wet of tears. He sat next to you and took you in his arms.

"Y/N you're shaking... please tell me what's wrong."

You screwed your eyes shut and tried to wipe away your tears. He gently lifted your face and wiped away your tears with his thumbs.

You didn't know how you knew how to do this, but you reached up and placed two fingers on his temple to transfer the memory of your dream to him. It took only a second and after he paused, looking sorrowful. You could still read his mind and heard him think, I don't know what to say.

Just don't leave me. You thought back. He pulled you close and you buried your face in his chest. You couldn't help it, you started to cry again. He stroked your hair gently, and held you tightly. This is so humiliating.

Don't be embarrassed. It's not bad to be upset. Loki thought back. He paused for a moment. You know i've had my fair share of bad dreams and.... experiences.

Really?

Yes. You're not alone Y/N.

You sniffed and thought for a moment. Wait i'm confused. How can we read each other's minds?

I don't know. I don't like not knowing. Loki replied. You shuddered slightly and he rubbed your back steadily.

When Thor returns I will ask him to get some asgardian books so i can research why this might be happening. Loki offered. You nodded in agreement.

Your mind drifted to your and Loki's almost kiss, earlier. Loki winced inwardly and you cringed, you had forgotten that he could read your mind.

"Sorry," You whispered aloud, finally regaining your voice.

"It's okay." Loki said, but you could tell he felt differently. You were angry at yourself, you didn't understand why you pulled away.

"You just had a traumatic experience. I think that's reason enough." Loki said. You shrugged slightly.

"We have traumatic experiences all the time as the avengers." You thought about when Tony flew the nuke into the worm hole. Loki mused over this for a few moments.

"And here i thought you were all perfect. Maybe you are all a bit screwed up as well." Loki said.

"As well?" You questioned. A memory came forward in Loki's mind, but it was obscured. You frowned slightly. "How are you doing that?"

"You forget, I'm a seasoned mind reader. While this is... something else, I still know how to conceal thoughts." Loki explained.

"Oh." You, wanted to know what it was especially since you'd revealed so much of yourself to him.

"I know you have. I'm just not ready yet, Darling." You felt a tiny shiver when he called you darling. You didn't know why but you liked it. Your eyes were growing heavy again, you attempted to stay awake, but you were able to drift into a dreamless sleep.