Part one.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒:

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒:

⇨ 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚡
⇨ 𝚅𝚞𝚕𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢, 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑𝚒𝚌 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 and 𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎

𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤. 𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤.

Introduction

𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒚:

It was a warm Wednesday evening here in Los Angeles, California. My night was coming to an end as I finished up my last client for the day.

I was a nail technician at a local beauty shop I had been working at for almost two years now. The first year was a bit rough since I was just starting out, but now my clientele has picked up tremendously.

I added cuticle oil onto my clients nails and then snapped a few photos of my beautiful work.

"It's only $120 honey, you gave me $160." I mentioned handing her back two twenty dollar bills.

"Girlll goodnight." My client threw up the deuces sign refusing to take the two twenty dollar bills.

I chuckled and shook my head while counting the money I've made today.

No one who sat in my chair paid under a hundred dollars to get their nails did, everyone wanted bling, piercings and extended nails.

And we all know the more you get the more it costs.

By the way; I'm Gabriella but my friends and family call me Gabby for short. I work all the time and don't get out much. I moved to Los Angeles without a dime in my pocket or a pot to piss in.

I moved here with the clothes on my back and a dream.

Since being here I've endured many trials and tribulations. I continued to keep faith in myself and keep pushing forward.

Packing up my nail kit and personal material I brought with me to the shop, I said goodbye to a few of the people I worked along side with and made my way out to my car.

Settling into my Kia stinger gt, I buckled myself in and made my way onto the busy street.

Balloons are deflatin'
Guess they look lifeless like me
We miss you on your side of the bed, mmm
Still got your things here
And they stare at me like souvenirs
Don't wanna let you out my head