Part Eleven.

𝑳𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒏:
𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

"You have to be still cupcake." I said to Kairi as I placed some eco style gel on her edges and brushed her hair up into a ponytail.

Finishing up with Kairi's hair and getting her dressed I began to work on getting myself ready.

Today was the day Kairi and I were going to attend the local state fair with Dave. It was usually our yearly thing we did with Jayce but he seemed more busy these days.

Putting on my favorite earrings I heard the doorbell ring. Sliding on a quick pair of house slippers I skipped downstairs and could see Dave standing at the door through the big glass window.

"Hey." I said almost out of breath.

"Sup mamas." He replied giving me a side hug and a bouquet of flowers.

"Awww you shouldn't have, thank you." I smiled.

"Davey!" Kairi came marching down the stairs with her tablet.

"Please keep an eye on her while I finish getting ready." I said to Dave. Nodding his head he grabbed Kairi and went into the living area while I went back upstairs to get dressed.

Twenty minutes later I applied some lip gloss to my lips and touched up my edges one last time. Noticing the house was extremely quiet I grabbed my purse and hurried downstairs only to see the two of the fast asleep on the couch with cartoons on.

 Noticing the house was extremely quiet I grabbed my purse and hurried downstairs only to see the two of the fast asleep on the couch with cartoons on

Shaking my head I shook Dave and told him that I was ready.

"Baby!" A voice called out.

"In here Jayce." Rolling my eyes I replied dryly.

This was the shit that annoyed me beyond measure, he kept popping up at uncertain times and I felt like it was on purpose at this point. I also felt as if he was doing it to catch me in the act or something.

"Where you about to go looking all scrumptious and shit.?" He asked smacking my ass noticing Dave on the couch.

"To the fair with these two sleepyheads." I said pointing to Dave and Kairi. "Umm babes this is Kairi's father Dave, Dave this is my boyfriend Jayce." I said wanting to get the hell out of here.

Nodding their heads at one another I noticed that the two of them weren't pleased with each other's presence.

"Well we gotta get going before everyone takes all the good food, I'll see you later?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah I'll be here waiting for you." Jayce said
keeping his eyes on Dave. "Here you need my card?" Jayce asked holding out his American Express.