Part Twenty Eight.

"Everybody get the fuck out!" I heard Dave announce once he left out the room

I had no intentions of stopping him or making a big fuss. Dave had another thing coming  if he thought I was going to let him continue to fuck with me. I was over him bringing me down and attempting to hurt me each time something didn't go his way.

"Ma take Kairi to the park for a little bit!" Dave called out to Janice. From upstairs I can hear the house clearing out as people were confused as to what just happened. It took Dave no time to flip out and get upset, I was practically laughing inside over his dramatics.

Hearing the downstairs door close, I suddenly became filled with fear. Dave was insane and I just set him off, I had no idea what he was capable of these days.

"My best friend huh?" He asked shutting the door behind him with a stern look on his face.

Adjusting myself onto the bed, I moved further back as he gotten closer to me. I ignored his question and just stared at him as if it were a contest.

"Lauren I'm trynna be a better man I really am but see you have a way of fucking with me and making me snap out. It's like you enjoy seeing a nigga flip the fuck out, I'm this fucking close to snapping ya fucking neck Lo." Dave muffed my head.

"Don't fucking touch me." I pushed him into the nightstand. "Keep ya hands to ya self Lo real talk." Dave instructed. "Or what? Huh? You think you get to do and say what the fuck you want and I just back and be quiet like a little fucking church mouse." I argued.

"Lo, chill." He chuckled.

I've reached my breaking point with men. They all screwed me over and treated me like shit.

"No fuck you! You ain't shit, I regret meeting you. I don't regret my child but I damn sure regret having her with your psychotic ass!" I yelled.

"Take that back Lo." Dave demanded. "No." I spat.

Instantly feeling my body hit the hard floor, I immediately realized Dave had hit me hard enough for me to fall. "Now get yourself up off the floor dumb bitch." Dave added before walking away.

"Bye gwanny!" Kairi hugged Janice as gathered our things into the car. "You gone leave without saying bye to your pops Kairi." Dave came outside and picked up Kairi.

Letting the two of them say their last goodbyes, we got into the car and made our way down the long narrow driveway.

Our flight was scheduled to leave in exactly two hours and New York traffic was incredibly insane. Three weeks had went past by since the incident between Dave and I. From that day we haven't spoken a word to one another unless it was about Kairi. "Mommy when will I see daddy again?" Kairi asked snapping me out of my thoughts. "Once we settle into our new home we'll come back and see daddy." I replied.