Part Thirty Seven.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

𝑳𝒂𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒏:

"Sorry for crying

"Sorry for crying. Hi, I'm Lauren. You must be Alyssa?" I asked extending my hand out for a handshake.

Truth is for two years I've been in hiding to protect myself and my family. I hired private investigators to follow Dave, Kairi and Janice around to keep up with them.

Dave lost custody shortly after my supposed death. He had started drinking heavy and acting irrational. I knew faking my death was going to cause a lot of commotion but it was the only way out.

Life was hard being away from Kairi and Dave, I missed them dearly but I would've missed them even more if something had happened to them.

"Is this some kind of a joke?" Dave stood before me with a face filled with anger.

"I'm back." I smiled reaching for a hug but he rejected me.

"Don't touch me Lo. Please just don't touch me aight!" He hissed.

He sat down on the sofa across from me and just stared at me as if I'm the last person he wanted to see. "I-I'm sorry I—." I started to say.

"You sorry for what?! Huh?! I thought I lost my wife! I gave up on everything and lost most of it! I lost custody of my fucking daughter yo! I stayed up most nights thinking shit was all my fault and drinking bottles of Hennessy to myself! I tried to kill myself Lo and you wanna walk in here with a smile on your face like ain't shit happen? And while you was away playing dead I fell in love with another woman!" He shouted pointing to Alyssa.

Her mouth was on the floor as if she was surprised by his particular choice of words. I knew coming back and showing face wasn't going to be easy but I damn sure didn't think he was going to be this angry with me.

I didn't think any of this through at all.

"Lo I swear on my dead homies you dead to me! I don't wanna have shit to do withchu cuz you a whole snake for pulling that shit. Once I clear up my name I want custody of both of my shorties and I don't ever wanna see you again!" Dave hissed.

"Wait wait let's not take it there." Alyssa jumped in the middle.

"Bitch stay outta our business!" I stepped to her while Dave stepped to me in defense of Alyssa.

"Wow really?" I chuckled. "Yes really bitch." Alyssa jumped.

"Bitch!" I shouted as I pushed Alyssa into the wall.