Part Fifteen.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you." Everyone sang in unison. Today was suppose to be the last day here in New York but fortunately for me I got impregnated and married to a complete psycho.

I decided that I was going to make the best of today since it was Janice's birthday and we had an entire day planned for her which consisted of; manicures and pedicures, massages, a personal chef and a surprise male stripper to spice things up at the end of the night.

Blowing out her candles and making I wish I began to slice the cake and handing it out to everyone. "I'm glad your back home baby, I missed you so much." Janice said giving me a tight hug.

Almost too uncomfortable to react I played things off and acted like the good daughter in law. "You're so damn greedy." I called out to Dave who was sneaking a second slice.

"He get that appetite from his daddy, that man know he can eat." Janice said smirking being sarcastic.

"Yo ma chill it's kids around, matter of fact I don't even wanna eat anymore." Dave said tossing away his half eaten cake.

"Boy bye how you think you got here and all the rest of these kids running around here." Janice laughed. Shaking my head and devouring my cake I watched Kairi run around and play with her cousins. Feeling my phone buzz in my pocket I took it out and looked down to see Jayce replied to the group text we included Rico in.

[ 𝑻𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑱𝒂𝒚𝒄𝒆 ]

Please play it cool until our plan play out, don't make anything obvious. Imma get you and Kairi outta this shit. 💯

Feeling Dave's eyes on me I closed my phone back and approached him with a big smile. I mean I am playing it off after all.

"Lauren?" I heard a familiar voice come behind me.

I turned my attention from Dave and turned around slowly to be met with Riley's face. Immediately annoyed I stood there in silence and didn't open my mouth to say anything.

"You brought her here?" I turned to Dave with my arms folded.

"Lauren just talk to her ma, y'all family. You gotta stop with allat stubborn shit." He preached. Listening to what he just said I huffed and placed my energy back on Riley as her eyes looked sympathetic.

Slightly rolling my eyes I decided to let me guard down and let Riley in. Despite our differences we are sisters after it's all set and done.

"I'm so sorry.... I'm so so sorry..." she sighed and went in for a hug. I accepted her hug and held onto her as she sniffled on my shoulders.