Part Thirty One.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"The infamous Ms.Brewster." The detective said slamming a manila folder onto the hard metal table.

The room was cold and looked just like one of those rooms straight off of law and order. My once patted on makeup was now messed up from the tears I cried all the way to the precinct. "You know I was starting to believe that I'd never catch up with you and you my lady are the common denominator between two drug rivals." He chuckled. I knew his comment was referring to my connection between Jayce and Dave but that still didn't mean I had anything to do with Jayce's murder, hell I didn't even know he was dead.

Fuck Jayce is dead.

The detective sat across from me with an ugly smirk on his face while he occasionally puffed on a cigarette. I knew that somewhere in this room was a microphone and a camera so I had to watch my mouth. "Tell me something Mrs.Brewster how is it that you got two men from the largest drug trafficking rings to trust you? I mean don't get me wrong you're absolutely gorgeous however you're in a dangerous business." He added.

"What exactly do you mean by I'm in a dangerous business? I don't know what you're talking about, it's not smart to speculate things detective. Besides I won't say anything further without my lawyer present." I spat.

If I haven't learned one thing from law and order it was to never speak about anything without your lawyer there to defend you. "Alright Mrs. Brewster, you're a smart lady but before I go I want to say this. Think about what you're doing and who you're doing it for, you're a mother to a beautiful young lady and have another one on the as I can see and you can't protect them from a jail cell." The detective said before exiting the room.

My mind was running at a hundred miles per hour as I thought about everything that has been happening this past week. I was angry at myself for ever even giving Dave a chance. Why couldn't I marry a lawyer or a doctor? I just had to go for the hood nigga.

Don't get me wrong hood dudes need love too but this getting involved with the cops shit eventually came with the territory. "Alright Mrs. Brewster you're allowed one phone call and then you will be taken to a holding cell under further review." The same dick detective came back.

Rolling my eyes at him, he led me to a room with phones that were attached to the wall. I didn't even know who it was I wanted to call first because for one I didn't have a real lawyer, two I didn't even know anybody's number by heart.

Fuck.

I was forced to call the one person I didn't want to; Riley. Her number was the only number I knew in the back of my head and I wanted to get the fuck out of here. I was innocent in all of this and was clearly being set up by someone; but who?

"Riley hey it's Lauren, look I got arrested today on murder charges and I need you to help me get out of here. You and I both know I'm no killer." I said into the phone.

"To be quite honest with you Lauren I don't know what you're capable of now and days. You ran off on your family for some dick and not to mention word on the streets is you fucking on two rival gang members. The Lauren I know would never but this new bitch is a complete mess. You're on your own sis, still love you though." She hung up. "Riley please." I pleaded as the line went dead.

Holding the phone pretending like I was still having a conversation on the other end to by time, warm tears ran down my face as I had no way out of this messed up situation that I was in. Finally hanging up the phone one of the detectives grabbed me and led me down a long hallway that I assumed will eventually lead us to where the holding cells were.

"You be safe out there chica." One of my favorite guards said to me as I grabbed my personal belongings bag. Today I was released after fourteen long days of hard metal beds, disgusting foods and demanding guards.

"You too Delarosa, call me girl." I replied jogging to the parked vehicle that was outside waiting for me.

Delarosa was around the same age as me with long jet black curly hair that resided on her tiny waist line. She was of Hispanic descent and also pregnant like myself and that's why we got along so well. She would come in on the night shift and sneak me in various snacks and allow me to use her phone to get in touch with people on the outside.

It wasn't until Dave was better and he
finally was stable enough to be on his own for me to make bail. "Hey." He said to me as I entered the perfectly air conditioned vehicle.

"I missed you so much." I admitted and gave him a tight hug. It was the truth, I missed Dave so much and had fourteen days to do a lot of thinking. "You hungry mamas?" He asked. Nodding my head yes, we decided on a restaurant and went to have a bite to eat.

"I thought you were taking me home?" I asked confused. "I thought it'll be better for you and Kairi to stay here with all this shit going on with the cops. Besides I don't wanna be alone mamas." He admitted.

"Ok fine but please let's hurry up I'm do for a hot shower and some laundry." I popped my shirt. "Yeah you do kinda stank." He laughed.

"You know what fuck you!" I playfully pushed him.

Locking up the vehicle we made our way up to Dave's condominium where we were met by Kairi and Janice who was playing with the dog.

Kairi jumped into my arms immediately and didn't want to let go. I hugged her for a few minutes and informed her that I needed a real long hot shower after being kept in a cell for fourteen days and having to shower in front of other people.

"C'mere mamas." Dave pulled me into him as I stepped into his bedroom. "I don't ever wanna go back to a place like that Dave." I sniffled holding back tears. He held onto me tightly as the scent from his Gucci cologne met with my nostrils. "You not going back there mamas, ever and besides we gotta find out how this shit even point back to you." He looked in my eyes.

From that moment the flashback of Dave and Jayce's encounter circled my head.
"I know you killed him." I whispered into his ear before resuming to my shower.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞 & 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

How do you guys feel about Riley's comment?

Dave killed Jayce? 👀

Did Lauren know all along? 🤔