Part Thirty Four.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒂𝒎

"Dave! Dave!" I whispered attempting to wake him up.

Rolling my eyes and shaking my head, I slid into a pair of house slippers and a silk robe. Grabbing Dave's gun off of the nightstand, I peeked around the corner into the hallway and saw no one in sight.

Getting closer to the stairs I could hear whispers and slow foot steps. "Janice is that you?" I called out but no answer.

I walked down the stairs slowly and still didn't see anyone. Just as I turned the corner I made eye contact with three masked men toting guns. "Lo watch out!" Dave suddenly called out but it was too late.

My body collapsed down onto the marble floors as I was instantly hit by two bullets. Dave started shooting back at the three masked men hitting two of them directly in the head.

One managed to escape as you can hear tire screeches disappear into the distance. My vision started to become blurry as Dave kneeled over me applying pressure to my gunshot wounds.

"Please Lo, stay with me." He cried out.

I wanted to talk but I couldn't.

Within minutes Janice came running out of the bedroom with a phone to call 911 but someone must've beat her to it as I could hear sirens approaching in the distance.

" oh my God." She cried running down the stairs over to my lifeless body. "Ma grab Kairi but don't let her see her momma like this, we gotta all go to the hospital." Dave voice trembled.

Doing as she was told, Janice went back upstairs to gather Kairi.

"I'm sorry mamas. I'm so so sorry." I leaned onto the Lauren as the ambulance drove as fast as they could to a nearby hospital.

I felt guilty as charged as I watched Lauren's body seep out large amounts of blood from the bullet wounds that was clearly visible.

"She's going into vfib!" One of the emt's called out as he immediately started doing cpr.

"C'mon Lo! Pull through Lo pull through!" I began to pray.

My mind began to go elsewhere as I watched them hook her up to machines, tubes and pump down on her chest repeatedly.

Five minutes later we came to a sudden stop and I knew immediately we were at the hospital. Moving out of the way as soon as they opened the doors, a doctor ran outside and climbed on top of Lauren to continue performing chest compressions.

"We're going to take care of your wife and baby sir! Get this gentleman to a waiting room please!" She called out while still performing cpr.

A nurse guided me to a nearby waiting area while ask offering me a clean pair of clothes to change into. My clothes was covered in Lauren's blood but I didn't care. Lauren was my everything and I would go crazy without her.

"Where is she?" My mother came in, in a hurry while carrying sleeping Kairi. "She um- they took her to surgery ma." I sniffled.

My mother sat down next to me and kept me company as we both waited to hear back from the doctors.

"She's going to be ok baby, don't worry." She assured me.

At least thirty minutes has passed by since they took Lauren into surgery. It felt like an eternity sitting there waiting for them to get done operating on her.

Occasionally I paced back and forth to kill time, I couldn't just sit in one spot it drove me crazy. I was thankful that Kairi was still asleep and had no idea what was going on right now. She was a smart girl and she'd instantly know that something bad has happened.

"Brewster family!" A doctor dressed in dark blue colored scrubs called out.

Running over to Kairi I threw her over my shoulder and approached the doctor immediately.

"Is this everyone?" She asked. We nodded our heads yes and proceeded with the conversation.

"We did cpr on Lauren for an hour and despite our best efforts I'm sorry to inform you that she and the baby has unfortunately passed on." The doctor explained with much empathy.

Handing Kairi to my mother I ran outside into the hospital parking lot and screamed to the top of my lungs. "No! No! No!" I called out repeatedly.

How was I going to tell my daughter her mother was gone? How was I going to live knowing Lauren was dead because of me? I hated myself right now.

My heart felt like it had been broken into a million pieces and no one was here to fix it.

"Why God? Why? Why ? They was was innocent!" I sobbed.

My hands was shaking and my mind was racing. I wanted blood but I knew I had to play it smart and keep my remaining family members safe.

"Daddy?" I heard a soft voice. Kairi was now awake holding my mother's hands walking towards me.

"She gone ma. She gone. They took both my babies." I growled.

"Daddy gone take care of you Kai, daddy gone be the best man he can be for you. You hear me?" I asked Kairi and I wondered if she really understood.

Getting myself together I knew I had to step up and play am even bigger role to keep things intact. Not only that but someone killed my wife along with my unborn child and I was going to find out exactly who did it.

Shit was far from over.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞 & 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Hey y'all! 👋

What do you guys thing of this chapter? 🥰

I'm thinking about doing another book but I dunno! 😐