Chapter 42: Keep on Bargin' in

Hiccup and Astrid slowed, just savoring the touch of each other's skin. Astrid wrapped her arms around the back of her husbands head and pressed her head into his neck. The heavy, steamy breaths she breathed into Hiccup's ear sent shivers down his body. His groped her ass with one hand and used the other on her back, to press her bare chest to his with more force. With her hands, Astrid pulled her body closer, if it were possible.

"Hiccup." She purred in the confines of darkness.

Hiccup tilted his head down and latched his mouth onto her collarbone, on the skin just out of sight when she wore her shirt, and sucked, hard and fast. Astrid's breaths came labored again as pleasure filled her body.

Little did they know that two visitors were coming their way.

"I'll see if they're in here." A woman said.

The oblivious couple continued on. The woman approached the door to the office and slid it open. When the light from the hall filtered in the room and fell upon the couple, Astrid jumped out of her skin. She shrieked and pulled herself off of Hiccup, squeezing her body under the desk once again.

Instinctively, Hiccup grabbed the nearest object, a book, and placed it in front of himself. "Mom!" Hiccup complained.

The woman froze and turned her gaze away from her son.

"Pardon me." She said plainly and left.

Valka shut the door quickly and rushed over to Gobber, who was waiting by the hearth. When he heard the woman's heavy steps, he turned to watch as she approached.

"Are they in there?" Gobber asked.

Valka's face burned with embarrassment. "Oh, definitely."

Gobber formed wrinkles on his brow. "What?"

Valka brushed past the man and turned to him, "Let's just say that the next chief will need a new chair."

Gobber pursed his lips as Valka scampered away. He thought for a moment, but then it hit him. His eye's widened and turned to the door to the office. The man's cheeks flourished, leading to him following closely behind Valka.

When she heard the door slam shut, Astrid peaked her head out from under the table.

"Is she gone?" She asked.

Hiccup chuckled, looking down on her. "Yeah, she's gone."

The blonde emerged from under the desk and began dressing herself again. Hiccup placed the book back on the table and followed his wife's lead. The chief pulled on his clothing, followed by his leather armor and snapped them into place. Astrid clipped on her cloak and handed Hiccup's to him. She pursed her lips and looked up at him through her lashes.

Hiccup smiled and began laughing. Astrid began bolstering along side her husband.

"I think we will avoid my mother for today." Hiccup said as they went for the door.

Astrid nodded and slipped through the gap. She stopped right outside the office and waited for Hiccup. He came out, holding his list in his hands while shaking his head.

"I still have half a list." He said.

Astrid wandered over and looked on the tatty parchment. "I'll help."

Hiccup nodded and walked out the door, meeting Stormfly and Toothless as soon as they stepped onto the porch of the Great Hall. The chief quickly looked around for his mother, who thankfully wasn't there. Hiccup and Astrid hopped onto their dragons and flew down to the forge; which took up much of his list. When they landed, Gobber was working away. He took another order as the couple walked in.