Chapter 8: Another dream

"Tinkerer, you don't have to do this!" The Tinkerer lunged at me and I dodged. I was wearing a lightweight Praetor suit. The tinkerer pinned me and said "I'll get those passcodes from you, even if I have to take them off of your corpse." I said "Not on your life!" I rolled out of the way, and she was wiping webbing from her face. This time, I venom punched her armor, and it shattered like glass. I thought "Elijah's intel was right. Venom wrecks the tech" The Tinkerer staggered. I went in with the doom blade on my arm, but she caught it, kicked me in the stomach, and jammed the blade into the ground. I was able to detach it, but I wasn't able to dodge her flashbang. She gave me a wicked uppercut, cracked the chestplate of my armor, kicked my back, and attached a grenade on me. When I hit the wall, I wiped my face. Blood stained my hand. I tried to get up, but the tinkerer stepped on the back of my right leg. You could hear the sickening crack of bone. Blood poured from my broken and misshapen leg. She sneered "Guess that suit wasn't armor was it?" "Hey, get off him!" Another voice filled the room. I yelled "Lucinia, don't get involved!" I was able to slash the tinkerer with my blade, but she was faster. She ran over to Lucinia and punched her in the gut. She crumpled. A balloon of anger welled up inside me as I limped over to the tinkerer. I pinned her and broke her arm. She struggled, but I held firm. I said, "My dad told me that when our kind is bushed to the brink of death, we get a buff. Blood doesn't bother me because I've seen things from another dimension that was downright terrifying." The tinkerer's image faded. I realized to late that this was a hologram. The real tinkerer was dragging Lucinia over to the hole in the wall that led to a chasm. She said "Where were we. Ah yes. The codes or Lucina dies!" I said "Forcing your opponent's hand. The mark of a true coward." The tinkerer sighed "A smart aleck to the end. Say goodbye to Lucinia!" She let go, and gave me one good gut punch. I fell down with Lucinia and thought with bloody tears "Sorry father. I'll never be worthy of this suit." Back in reality, I woke with a cold sweat. The room was trashed, and my arm was sore as heck. I thought "Why did my powers go off in my sleep?" Belle woke up and said "What's going"