All Seeing Eye

"... Even if he's with Deceit or just doesn't recognize us."

Patton smiled a tight lipped fake smile. Real as a truly selfless act.

"Just to check on him or something."

"Wonder if he's eating?" Roman mused.

Deceit whisked the window out of sight, his look into the Light Sides severed. And all the disgust that came with it.

He absolutely had to be told just how vile he was, to be reminded of how he'd selfishly torn apart such a perfect little family.

He could feel the light that caused all this grief; blazing impudently with such warmth and belonging in his chest.

The white thing was anguished almost forcing his own real heart into it's rhythm.

Deceit let it out of the dark folds of his cloak immediately squinting at the light.

In his hands he could feel laughter, let the blunted edge of banter brush his skin, and whispers of Virgil's innermost thoughts.

All so happy and fulfilled, with no care at all at what he'd left behind, who he'd left behind. And he'd always been the one to whine about how self serving Deceit was, how selfish, how dark and ultimately evil.

Just what was so special? At the very least he could look into that saccharine world Virgil so cared for for something to use.

Hearing his will the glow of the white heart turned blinding, creating a sort of energy field, a force much more assertive than its owner. Deceit didn't have time to regret his split second decision.

He stood before an infinite expanse of white. The amalgamation itself. Then he nearly reeled back in shock, certainly not to fall on his behind.

There in the purple hoodie was Virgil by his side and content. There was the ominous, hate laced smile he had grown up with. The one he'd raised in Virgil as he fantasized of dethroning the Light.

He took his confident strides into the Light as he was welcomed into that first video.

In a split second all those months had passed. The arguments and self loathing that had sprouted fatally in Virgil as the little experiment went on. All expressed in the new contentment he found with them.

Those who needed him to change at his core to be a part of their ranks. Those who still didn't know where his home was and had so rudely barged into his room one day. That one day where they swayed the youngest Side into their light.

Deceit was alone and he was sinking in the dark. He attempted to call out, remembering the acid in his tongue as he warned, no threatened, Anxiety with the inevitability of their disgusted faces, Roman's sword and his precious Patton's hands at his mouth as if Deceit himself had silenced him.

The dark abyss didn't let him go. Deceit could feel the razored waves of anxiety and spite and destructive thoughts roiling at every inch, cutting into his innards until all that was left was a bloodied shell. 

'Useless.'

'Burden.'

'Go away.'

'We don't need you, no one needs you. No. One. Loves. You.'

So that was it. No one loved little Virgil. Not even him. Not even Janus who had been there night after night, consoled him as a child when he'd be kicked or so scathingly dismissed. Never giving an answer as to why a young Thomas cried at his presence as he too shed black tears.

At that moment he wanted it gone. Wanted to eviscerate this last bit of his betrayal. The last thing left of the old traitor. The ungrateful brat.

No matter how hard he bashed it the material wouldn't give. 

Even as it mocked him with the infinite fissures rippling from his wild fist.

WIth a breath he collected himself putting the heart back in his capelet. It couldn't be taken back. Not by them, not even by him.

Only Virgil could destroy his biggest falsehood.