A Mouse Named Virgil

A/N: So here we are. The point of no return. Please tell me what you think. In character or no? A bit too dramatic?

Please leave a vote and comment if you enjoy. 

P.S: Expect the next chapter Friday rather than Saturday and probably every Friday for the foreseeable future. 

Now burgundy, maroon, and mousy shy brown. 

All with white shirts. 

A particularly daring piece with a red and black checkered undershirt. 

Or he should go simpler. 

Come on. 

A whole three piece for one wedding. 

One beautiful wedding he still felt depressed about attending. 

Breathe. Breathe. 

Remember what Virgil would say. 

Friends helped him stay at ease. There were good things he could still do in the place he was. There didn't need to be big changes and life changes. Not if he was comfortable and content in where he was. 

Only... He wasn't. 

He wasn't content. 

He wanted more. A bigger stage with bigger stories and heavier characters. Saccharine was his preferred flavor but he couldn't go his whole life without tasting sour could he?

A sharp outfit would knock the pants off a producer he was sure. The right shades, flattened hair and he'd be a whole new man. 

Confident, ruthless, and dangerous. 

He could see it now. 

Envision his prowling strides, those of a predator as he faced a table of cold mafiosos. To make them afraid for their lives. 

All those eyes on the screen, a real silver screen. 

The cheers of fans, bigger audiences than his Streamy and Comedian of the Year Awards. Signing autographs. 

Roman basking in all the attention. 

An openly gay actor. Interviews for magazines and appearances at Pride events. The Internet platform to spread positivity and love. 

The reflection now in the mirror ensnared him. 

Yes this one. 

This was the suit. 

The suit to... to, to watch Lee and Mary Lee get married...

Thomas felt light headed all of a sudden. 

The sting of tears beginning to form in his eyes. 

                                                            *******************

The whirlwind of emotions coming to a boil. Combining and coalescing into a harsh, shrill whine. 

One that snapped with a metallic CLANG. 

The chains lay on the floor in a heap. 

The tenor of dark, gravel laughter growing loud and deranged. 

Travelling to the outsides and darkest corners of the Otherscape. 

But the Side inside still couldn't overcome the order. 

The one made by a so called, self important 'moderator.'

"Without restraint and balance you can never serve as anything but a cancer to our host. I would sooner kill you if I could Wrath."