The Dark Side of the Others

A/N: Hey everyone. Just the usual to say here. Please leave a vote and comment if you enjoyed. And an exciting bit of news. 

This fic is now ranked #1 in UnsympatheticDeceit!

1 out of 19 buuuut... still. Number 1 is number 1. 

I bet I wouldn't be enjoying this if it weren't for all you loyal readers. 

                                                      ***************

Patton came to Roman and Logan, supine on the ground, one knotted in a sack to a snickering Remus. 

"Aaaaaa ooooo. Another new guest and playmate," he squealed. "Well join in, join come on Pappy Patton!"

"No, No Remus if we could just leave and we'll-- we'll get out of your hair," he stammered. He kneeled to help Logan, smiling weakly to see his eyes thankfully open but certainly dishevelled. 

"Help me," he rasped. 

"Oh hohoho you'll be leaving, then" Remus laughed making Patton shudder. "You bitches are leaving right now."

To his horror a grind began to shape from the ground. 

Before any more thought could be made a catapult had come to life under and around the trio, cusping them in its spoon. 

At a whoop Remus cut the string and sent the three Light Sides flying across the Imagination and landing into a treehouse roof. 

The inside was just lovely. 

Beside him both Roman and Logan groaned the former nursing a bleeding side and digging around for likely a first aid kit. 

Finally untying Logan the Side gasped as he rose out of his confinement. "What happened there, never happened," he insisted furiously. 

                                                                   *******************

Slowly Virgil savored another sip of the warm, thick cocoa. Cocooned in a fuzzy purple and black blanket, a comedic movie turned on low and Deceit-- Janus? The eldest Side not ten feet away back turned, stirring the pot of liquid chocolate. 

Turning off the stive robbed the commons of some warmth and the subtle smell of the gas heat. 

Whip cream in hand he was shameless about spreading it about in a white fjord in the pot. 

"Remus?" Virgil quietly questioned into the tense air as he threw himself onto the floor with legs crossed. 

"Eh who knows and who cares," Deceit said taking a gulp. "Not me."

Both refused to meet each other's gaze. 

He'd given answers. 

On all that had changed, why he was here, and why readjustment had been such a process. And he called bullshit. 

He adamantly refused to believe what could only be a twisted fanfiction of events. 

No way was he forcefully taken. No way had he been miserable. Not-- not all the time. 

They only loathed him now because he was their enemy again. No worse than. 

That old Side, the one he'd extinguished could feel. Something inside him had touched the Light Sides. Something could trust and hope, to give his heart to them, watch their hands handle that fragile part of him with care. 

Not only were his only memories of pain and rejection there was no heart anymore to give. There would be no love to return. 

Then... Did that mean he had no love to give to Janus either? Was that a bad thing or was it control the snake wanted?