Selfish. And Selfless

A/N: Yeah, cut up to two again. I suck but, I just felt there was a good stopping point. Now back to our favorite angsty boys.

                                                                 ************************

Once Wrath smooshed his self-named brother's face he lunged straight for the eye of the storm.

AKA Virgil/Anxiety.

An unholy sound emerged from his mouth when he launched himself in searing fire.

Remus lay with his neck twisted.

Running over to him he cradled the darker Creativity, urging to not see...

Closed eyes and a lolling mouth.

"No damn wake up," he rasped. "I'm out of ideas. Wake up. WAKE UP!"

And it was true.

Deceit put a hand to his shoulder.

"I-- I can't leave him." This was, this was himself, a part of himself and he knew for certain now that he wasn't an enemy if Thomas had been working with it.

"I'll handle the traitor soon," Wrath jeered to the twins. "Simply be patient boys."

Cracks then littered around them in a deep, elaborate web, tearing away into ether until they were on one of many, many sized islets.

Deceit morphed into a snake, mouth raring for a bite.

Slicing the primary chasm in half he jutted into the sky as a shield.

"Come on Ree hear me, hear me." He could certainly feel that something inside him had died. For all the gaps in his memories and confusing allegiances warring within him at that moment he had to admit such creativity, the bridge slowly fading to sparkling cascades of ethereal pomp, was beyond him. Had always been beyond him because-- because his mind had never gone here before.

He feared the Neutrality and for that reason, he certainly never wanted to fathom how it worked! He was warned. Simply warned that to step there was to renounce their tethers to life and as such should be kept away from it.

A sharp CRACK stole from his thoughts. Bone jutted from Janus' body sending yet another icy spear through his heart.

Lightning struck Wrath bringing him to the ground where he would have fallen, had his eyes not glowed again.

The storm froze, ceasing as quickly as it had formed. It's owner having given the cur just enough to grapple onto the edge.

And there, to his fretted heart's delight Remus groaned, opening his too wide, deranged eyes.

"Brother!" he cried in joy entrapping him in a hug.

"Roman!" Logan snarled spitting acid in his tone.

"Hey," the rage aspect hummed, "in all your fantastical adventures and escapades, did it ever occur to your Majesties, just what it's like to be chopped off by a friend?"

"Any time you would like to--" 

Whatever else he could have said was lost to awful screeching.

The Logical Side was down on his knees.

"Ahh Hell no," Remus complained, "that smart ass is not gettin' down and dirty with anyone but this bitch!"

And at once he offered his hand to Roman.

Wrath merely smiled wickedly. "You sure," he crouched slightly, cane in hand with the bottom sharpened to a fine point. "Not to stress too much a point on it but umm, pre-tty sure you need this."