Chapter Fifty: The Boston Strangler

My heavy eyelids flickered open, panic waking me instantly as the unfamiliarity settled in.

I was in a bright room, the sun shining in through white curtains catching my eyes and blinding me momentarily. My eyes darted around the room, trying to work out the puzzle.

A coffee table to my left had my phone and my clothes folded beside it. My hands grabbed at the material on my body and I looked down at the grey t-shirt and red pyjama pants, both looked like they belonged to a man.

"Hey, Violet?" I soft voice called. I turned around to the source.

In a tiny kitchen stood Ty, his blue eyes staring at me concerned.

"What happened?" I mumbled.

"You called me to pick you up at the park. You didn't say what happened, you were just crying a lot and said you needed somewhere to stay." He explained carefully. "You kept saying that you can't go home."

"Oh..." I sighed. I stared at the clothes on the table and flashes of memory started to come back to me.

I remembered messing up a lot of orders and being sent out of the bar. Then I took out the trash...

Hadeon.

The guy with blood coming out of his mouth, his nose, his eyes.

Hadeon almost killed that guy.

For all I know, he eventually did.

"Violet, if you need help... You can stay here, as long as you need to."

I stared up at Ty, tears brewing in my eyes still raw from my sobs last night.

I thought that Hadeon was the good guy. I ignored everything because I... I truly believed it. Maybe I only wanted to believe it. I convinced myself that there was good people who did bad things.

A good person would never do that to someone.