chapter 16

Astrid POV

Life has never been easy for me. There has always been struggle, but I have always had people in my life that have been there for me. My friends... my mother. Even though our relationship was rocky most of the time she was always there for me, and cared about me. I know she did.  when i was a little girl she always believed in me and I know if she was here now she would want me to be happy. 

I made it to the cemetery with the Thorston's , where they were burying her. I was wearing a black dress that went up to my knee and a soft black cardigan covered in lace. It belong to her, it even smells like her. I clung on to the ends of the sleeves that hung over my hands. I looked up at the clear blue sky. The weather was so beautiful, so peaceful.  I felt a tear fall down from my face sliding down my cheek. I wipe it with the sleeve and continue walking. Ruffnut held my arm for comfort and I gave her a smile. we made it to the grave where my mothers body was about to be placed. 

Its a scary thought. Not being dead but being underground. Nothing but a small box and darkness. Granted you can't see or feel this because your dead but the thought of being there forever is terrifying and something that has never really crossed my mind until now. Death is one of those questionable things that no one really knows about. There are too many things we don't know about it. I like to think that there is a haven and with that a hell too and how we live our lives, the choices that we make determine where it is we end up. 

The others arrive to come and support me. Snotlout, Fishlegs and Hiccup. all of them carrying flowers. They stand next to us Hiccup comes to stand right next to me and holds my hand giving me a sad smile. I could tell by his eyes. I could see the worry. I return his smile and hold his hand tighter then see some people carrying a large coffin and at hat moment my heart stopped as well as my breath. I stood still, my eyes fixed on the coffin. My breath slowly returned and I watched as they place it slowly on the ground.   

A minister at least I think that's what they are called came and said a few words, talking about how life is shot and how our loved ones will always be remembered.          

I watched as they slowly placed the coffin in the burial plot and the cover it with the earth. Everyone placed their flowers at each side of the grave stone. I walked up to her plot and bent down and placed the lily's that I chose for her, they were her favourite flower so I thought I should get her them. I thought about how I never  got the chance to say goodbye and that he las time I saw her was her being dragged away. How I felt like it was my fault and I should have done something but couldn't.      

I could feel more and more tears fall down my cheek. I stood up and walked away from the grave plot and stood next to Hiccup who held my hand again. 

"you ok?" he asked me giving me a sad smile. I gave him a nod 

"yeah" I'm ok" I replied  "I just..." I sigh slowly trying to compose myself " I just miss her and I wish I had the chance to say goodbye"  

"I know, I'm so sorry" he says putting his arm around me and I sink into his body with my head against his chest.  He made me feel safe and i didn't want him to ever let me go. Even his heart beat calmed me. 

"I wanna go home" I whisper

"ok" he whispered back. 

He let everyone else know and me and Hiccup decided to walk a bit behind everyone else.    

"I wanted to tell you something." I say Hiccup and I pause from walking and face him 

"yeah sure... what is it?" he looked concerned   

"I just wanted to say thank you... thank you for everything. For always being there for me, for your kindness, your help and for your generosity. I don't know what I would do with out you" 

"You don't have to thank me. I should thank you. your absolutly incredible. Your kind and smart and brave and have helped me so much. I want you to know I will always be there for you Astrid. Always. It's What you when you love someone"   

"what?" I say at that last part. He loves me. I look up at him staring into his emerald eyes  smiling 

"I love you" he says again giving a small smile 

"I love you too Hiccup" I give him a kiss and he kisses back. 

Well that took a long time to update. If I'm honest I completely forgot about this.   but here it is and its finished. I know its a bit rushed but I hope you liked it.   plz let me know