chapter 14

Hello again here is the next chapter for the story. Hope you enjoy it.

Astrid POV

I just stood there. Not saying a word. I could feel my heartbeat getting faster and my stomach started to hurt and I felt sick. I didn't know what the hell was going on or what to think. My head was spinning in confusion and so many questions.

" what's going on?" I said i could tell my voice was slightly shaky and I definitely sounded scared which I was.

" Astrid honey I think you should sit down before you hear this" Mrs Thorston told me giving me a sympathetic frown.

" I dont want to sit down" I said looking worried. " what happene?" I say

"Miss Hofferson" the female police said standing up " I'm afraid we have some rather distressing news. It's about your mother" she said looking very concerned

" what you found her? Where is she? what happened? Is she ok? " I start firing questions at her fearing the worst but praying that she was ok.

" she had been staying in a motel for few months with her husband about about 24 miles from here. But the owner your step father left and your mother didn't and he didn't come back after about a day the owner went in to check if the room was still in use and  he found your mother on the floor not breathing covered in bruises".

"What? " I say as I felt a tear fall down my cheeck. " you mean she's..." I try to finish the sentence but I just couldn't get the last word out. " No she can't be, your mistaken. Shes not dead"

"We got a full ID. I'm sorry dear, The owner called the ambulance and they declared she was dead by overdose of alcohol most likely done to herself"

" your a liar" I shouted "she didn't do it too herself, He did. He killed her, he killed her and now she is gone".  I started to shake and I feel to my knees. Ruff came over to me to try to comfort me by putting her hands on my shoulder, but I move away and I run up stairs to my room and close the door with my back up against it still crying. I slide down it till I am on the ground with my head in my knees and my hands wrapped around them. I just sat there crying In the dark. All alone.

I just felt empty. Like I had just lost everything. I slowly make my way to get the small box under my bed. The box of all of my family photos and started to go through them while I was lying on my bed. I mostly looked at photos of my mother. Tears were still falling down my check and some of them ended up on the photograph.  Suddenly I hear a knock at the door. I quickly put the photo back in the box and and wipe away my tears as the door opens up and Ruff steps in

"Hey" she says sweetly as she comes over and sits next to me the bed and hugs me. I just lean into her hug and rest my head on her shoulders as my tears continue to fall down my check. "Its gonna be ok" she whispered to me "your gonna be ok, we are all here for you"

" No. No I'm not gonna be ok. How am I ever going to be ok." I say moving a away from her and standing up. "How can I ever be ok knowing the only family I actually had left is gone. Knowing that I am all alone now,
and Its all my fault" I whisper the last part

"What" she replied sounding concerned and upset

" I said it's all my fault, I shouldn't have let him take her, I should have done something" I explained while walking around

" No. Dont do that to yourself. It's not your fault. There is nothing you could have done." She said getting up and holding on to my hands. She moved her hand close to my eyes and wiped away my tears.

"What do I do now? I'm all alone" I say sniffing 

"carry on. You live on for her and carry her with you every step, and make her proud and your  not alone. You have me and tuff and all the others and we will all be there for you always" she says pulling me into a hug and I just hug back leaning against her. 

Well here there you go next chapter is done 🙂 I had planned for this chapter from the beginning and I know it is kind of sad.
This story is going on much longer than I thought but I quite like doing this. I hope you guys are enjoying this story want more. Plz let me know what you thought of this chapter or just say hi that's cool. 😊

Bye for now
Asloveshttyd 😺