Chapter 1

Astrid pov

I wake up from the sound of two voices screaming mentally at each other and their voices are clear as day. There was No doubt that my mother and my stepdad were drunk again. I could hear noises of chairs falling down and gasses being dropped onto the ground. I just didn't understand why my mother even married him. From what I know she meet him in a bar. All he's done is mess up our house and our life's.

Before dad died we were very happy even though we didn't have a lot of money we had each other. My mother never drank a drop of alcohol in her life. or smoked. Now that's all she does. He has changed her completely. she no longer cares about me. it's more the other way around. I have to take care of her. i am the one that always cook's, cleans, buys food, not to mention I have a small job after school. All she does is either go to bars or drink at home.

I really miss my dad, he was always there for me. He would never hit me or shout at me and al he does attack me for no reason. I remember 3 years ago I came home and found my mom passed out on the sofa and he was walking around all drunk and sees me and hits me which makes me fall to the ground. he left a mark which was all red and I ran too my room crying. I do get abused from time to time either hits or punches but it has been going on for a long time I am used to it.

The only good thing about my life Is school as I have friends there who are there for me and we always have fun. there's my best friend Ruff who always listens and helps me. then there's her brother tuff and there's never a dull moment when he's around. then's there's Fishlegs who is the smartest person I have ever meet and finally there's Snotlout. they are the only people who I could count on. but there is one thing bad about school. and that's one girl who is a bully. Her name is heather. she is a very rich girl and captain of the cheerleaders but is a very mean and popular kid. she always makes fun of me but I am used to it.

I notice that my mom and step dad stop screaming and the house is all quite which must mean they have passed out so I just try to get some sleep.

So I hope you like this first chapter, please tell me what you think of it

love ya all

bye for now from Aslovehttyd

:-)