17-05-2030

Dear Diary,

When I wake up, I'm still very tired from yesterday. I don't collapse, but I do feel a bit drowsy. Billy shows up from nowhere. He asks me about what happened yesterday, as a machine at the factory I went to yesterday is broken. I deny all responsibility for this, but Billy never believes me and takes me to a dark room,where I have to stay for two hours, while a very high-pitched tone is generated by speakers in the ceiling. After that, I'm surprised, as Billy takes me to a large dining room. I'm given a small cupcake for breakfast. Yummy! Finally something different from the usual! I come to think about why I get this: I must have worked so hard, these kids think it's a good idea to reward me with something more delicious than I usually get. But that cupcake is also small, really small.

After breakfast, I'm taken to a terraced house, where three children live alone, without their parents, for apparently over three months! That seems pretty surprising to me. I know two of them, and ask the third one about his name. He's Bruce, 15 years old. It's pretty dark in here, but with a flash-light, he's visible from a great distance. I turn on the lights, but he then grabs me by my tie and doesn't release for something over twenty minutes. I'm suffocating, but I try to keep myself away from him afterwards. Then, I'm forced to do some repairs to the electrical installation of the house, something I don't have any experience with, but I do try my best to learn everything first. But in spite of that, I touch a live wire by accident. I feel a nasty shock, but nothing else, as the GFCI* turned off all power to the circuit. Then, I turn it back on,and Alice comes to me and helps me out with the burn I got from the shock.

After that, I'm taken back to the prison, but only for a short time to recover, or so the children make it seem. I'm again surprised with a yummy little slice of pizza. Only one, but that's okay. I'm then taken back to the house, as there's more to do. After the electrical repairs are complete, Alice takes me to a small car, where I'm forced inside. The car drives off to a grocery store, where I'm then forced to take in stock from inside a truck to the shelves. When I put a product on the wrong shelf, I'm shocked from inside, which is something I'm getting used to a little, but it still feels a bit nasty.

Later that day, I'm taken back to the prison again. From there, I'm taken back to school for a short time, to learn for an important test. The teacher, Alice, tells me a good grade might be the difference between life and death. That really scares me off. But I still try to do my best as much as possible. Alice takes the work from me and the other adults, and checks my answers. I'm given a temporary E grade, which feels a bit creepy, as I was told that if I get a bad grade, the kids might do something really bad to me. Alice also gives me a book full of homework to do, and tells me I can't finish this in one day. I finish the first three pages in the rest of the lesson. Then, during a break in the canteen, I finish six more pages of this fifty-page book, literally filled with assignments.

After that, I'm taken back to the prison. I finish six more pages of assignments while on the road, and another one on arrival. Billy comes in and gives me a piece of bread, with some sausages. Then, Billy takes me back to my cell. I receive a message from Alice on my phone. I now have to do another twelve pages, and send them in. I will be punished if I don't do that for tomorrow. So I do my best to finish everything. The assignments are very hard on my brain. Occasionally, but not on request, I'm given a small, tasteless cookie. It seems the rewards are over, thanks to my E grade. I'm then returned to my cell. Ellen tells me she didn't receive any of the good meals I ate. She does tell she had the same jobs, but for the example appointments she received a D grade. She the tells me about how it was going at her job.

Afterwards, Billy comes in and gives me a glass of water. I throw the water at him, and he then flips the bird on me. That really makes me angry, so I try to grab his suitcase. He starts an argument with me. I expect him to win, as he's obviously still much stronger than me. I realize these kids also just know much more than the adults. Billy then forces me to take off a ring I have on my finger. I try to keep it, but Billy is obviously stronger and simply takes it from me. I become upset. I try to grab Billy's neck, but he not only defends himself, but also responds by grabbing my tie. Then,I give up on the argument. Billy does give me a new glass of water,but he also tells me this is the last one I get today. I then fall asleep.

*Ground Fault Circuit Interruptor/Residual Current Device