06-05-2030

Dear Diary,

I wake up at 7AM, but my cellmate has to wake up at 5AM. Billy takes me to the same room as yesterday, where I eat only half a piece of bread, and one raw carrot. I looked behind me, and I see an acrylic panel. I walk towards it, it opened up and a child comes out. He said: "Please go back!". I go back, thinking I will get shot if I don't.

I'm returned with my cellmate. I go to a very small 'cleaning room' with my cellmate. I'm able to write down the dialogue:

I: "How did the children find you?"

Cellmate: "I ignored the warning about self-driving cars, and took one to work. My car was rerouted, and I thought that there was some construction work going on, until I ended up at this prison. There, a group of children put some handcuffs on me and took me to a small room. What was your story?"

I: "I was walking outside when I heard some children's voices, and went in the direction of these voices, only to end up surrounded by children. By the way, what's your name?"

Cellmate: "I'm Ellen. What's your name?"

I: "I'm Pascal."

Ellen: When do you have to go to work?"

I: "I'm going at 10AM. I have a card that tells me this week's schedule."

Ellen: "I'm going at 9AM. I also have such a card.But 9AM is very soon!"

Then, Billy comes in and calls Ellen: "Number 671,come with me!"

Ellen walks with Billy. He comes back shortly after.Then, I think for myself: "I'm not the only adult who is called by a number. Perhaps all adults are."

Then, I ask to Billy: "Do you children really call adults with their ID rather than their name?"

"Yes.", he says calmly. This really got on my nerves. Not only because no one is called by their names, but also because these children speak too calmly.

Then, he calls me, exactly at 10AM.

I walk next to him, to a cage with many other adults,where I was cuffed and blindfolded. I scream and cry , yet the children have no response. It's put on a truck routed to a nearby train station.

The cage is opened at the station, and a train stops at 11:30AM. We're taken into a waiting room. Hung on the walls are handcuffs. A group of children comes in to take anything we have. They take my notebook and keys, saying: "Don't be scared. You will get these items back after the train journey."

Once we arrived, the doors open. The train consists of an Amtrak* 1750 locomotive, pulling 12 livestock cars, and 3 coach cars. During the journey, I was inside one of the livestock cars. The coach cars are intended for the children.

A small group of children comes to the carriage, and takes us out of the train. Everyone is separated and taken to a shower.

I ask the child: "What's your name?"

She replied: "I'm Diana."

I asked: "Why am I here?"

She replies: "There's some construction work to do, and the children want your help!"

I ask: "What's exactly built here?"

She replies: "We're building a new playground for ourselves. But there's too little time to talk about that."

I walk with her to the construction site. There, my handcuffs are taken off, my blindfold is removed, and I'm given a single glass of water. A child comes and looks at my ID. He reads it out aloud and I had to work very, very hard on the playground. Diana is always with the adults, to check that they're doing what they're told.

I meet a very beautiful women. I fall for her blue eyes, and beautiful voice. I become a bit distracted, and Diana notices that. Then, I'm taken to a wooden panel, and a child starts whipping me. I'm whipped 8 times for 'laziness and denial of work'. Diana cheerfully said: "that will teach you a lesson! Just listen to the children!"

It doesn't help. I constantly think about Izzy. I suppress these feelings. Once I'm done with my part of the watchtower, I approach her. I fell in love with her at first sight!!!

Billy comes to the site, and notices our love. He says: "Ha! That's not your mate! I also have a crush on her! Go away from her, cheater!", but I refuse. I whisper: "I'm Pascal.What's your name?", and she responds: "I'm Izzy!"

Billy grabs my leg, and takes a bite. I screamed, but Billy didn't help me, rather, he grabs even tighter and takes another bite. I feel the pain going through my nerves, yet I whispered: "Were you ever distracted from work?", and she responds: "Yes, I am occasionally, primarily when I'm tired or hungry." Billy climes up my leg.  He scratches my leg with his fingernails, yet I can't break up with Izzy, and even whisper: " Are you already in love with someone?". She responds: "No, but I do know Billy has a crush on me!" I said: "O, that's why he's now on my leg!"

Cindy came as well, and said angrily: "I don't want a new mammy! It's already very nice with Ben and daddy! Break up or else you will be fed to a monster!" I started to become afraid, and whispered to Izzy: "See you next time!", and walked away.Finally, Billy releases his grip.

At the end of the day, at 9PM, I returned to my cell, together with Billy and Ellen. I and Ellen weren't given any food before bedtime, only a cup of water. We couldn't even come too close together, to prevent us from falling in love.

*Amtrak is the American passenger railway company since 1971.