Ch.9 Sounds

Chapter 9

"Are you warm enough?" Killian asked as he adjusted the sleeves of his hoodie on Kiara.

"Yes," Kiara smiled as she leaned into his arms and placed her chin on his chest to look up at him. "Thank you."

"Of course," Killian kissed the top of her head, sending her heart flying out the window.

"I'm a bit nervous," Kiara confessed. "I kind of feel sick."

"There's nothing to be nervous about," Killian wrapped his arms around her. "I'll be there, your parents will be there. We're never leaving you."

Kiara let his words sink into her mind slowly. The corner of her lips curved up into a small smile as she gazed into his dark blue eyes.

"We're going to see my baby," she cooed. "I'm so excited to see her."

"Me too," Killian's eyes grew tender. "And now that I'm thinking about it, I'm kind of nervous too."

"Don't be," Kiara reached up and brushed her lips over his. "You'll be wonderful with her."

"So will you."

"Of course," Kiara laughed. "She's my whole world."

"And both of you are my whole world," Killian meant every word of what he said.

Finally, after years of seeing Kiara through a looking glass, always beside him, but somehow always out of reach, she was finally in his life. He got to hold her and tell her how much he loved her. He was going to share his life with her. She was always the center of his universe and now she was adding the moon to his dark skies.

"But you didn't want this," Kiara's soft voice made all the images of little pink dresses and shoes halt in Killian's mind.

"What?" Killian Laughed.

"You didn't want this with me," Kiara said, looking at him through her lashes. "A life with me....a baby..."

Kiara's words pinched Killian's heart. He felt his stomach twist as she pinned him with her watchful brown eyes. There was a strange pressure on his shoulder, a guilt he didn't really understand.

"Kia..." Killian cupped her face. "I'm so sorry for everything. You know how sorry I am for ever thinking I could live without you."

"So you don't deny it," Kiara reached up and placed her hands over Killian's. "You really didn't want this?"

"I....what....," Killian's head felt funny as he tried to make sense of what Kiara was asking him. "I want you. I want our baby. I want all of it. Before, I didn't really know myself. I didn't know who I wanted to be. But you know that....you know how much I love you."

"Hmm," Kiara took in a deep breath. "I know you love me."

"I do," Killian took a step closer. "With all my heart. Only you."

"And not the baby?"

"And the baby," Killian laughed, his chest growing tighter by the second. "I love both of my girls."

"She's so beautiful," Kiara tilted her head as Killian held her face. "She has my eyes."

"My nose," Killian scrunched up his nose.

"My smile."

"My hair."

"We both have black hair," Kiara frowned. "But her hair is curly. So obviously she takes after me more."

"I wouldn't want it any other way," Killian laughed, kissing her tenderly. "Shall we go?"

"Yes," Kiara sighed.