Insight into Afternism

"God-dang-it", lips slurring, moving between his lips, was his tongue, "I need a couple of G8UT's and G80's for my Cortex, not moving well enough for my brain. I'm also gonna need some other device, of my choosing."

A Malfunctor, not too young, not too old, "I could get to that sir, but we don't have much, G8's going down... Now up... Chaotic isn't it? The stock, I mean..."

"Yes, I can see that. But how fast? Or, how slow? How slow are these shipments gonna arrive?"

"10 minutes"

"God-dang-it", clenching his teeth now, "I can't wait that long for such a device. G8's fast, send them up, call them..."

"Why don't you wait, sir? Why not?", nodding, the Malfunctor, reaching out a hand. Now, pushing it away.

"I have a life span of one year. I can't wait for this. Send a message forward, tell them it's General Locke."

"How much of that life span, have yo-"

"God-dang-it! I told you Malafunctors, stop questioning, get to work!"

"Right, right, sir. But, we only have 2 minutes left until the shipment arrives. Why not wait? I have some great slugs for use, and... and..."

"Tell them, tell them now", staring hard, trying to reach for a weapon, not getting it, too much time wasted, "Get them now, tell them, remember to tell them."

"Sir, times 1 minute left.... You've wasted a long time arguing with me."

"I've spent 1/10th of my life arguing with you, and I'm not just about to waste it...", pulling out his weapon now...