Pirogue

Knid is a whirling madhouse of warring emperors and fat grasping toads that climb along the hierarchy. There are always evident dangers present in the whirling tornado that is Knid. Patches of unknown evils lie underneath cold barren wastelands and broken structures. At the head of it all, the Tyrant sits upon the tallest tower in all of Knid. Below the tower and traveling past the warm upper parts of the empire and traveling down into the desolate rural areas of Knid.

Past the planet of Uruk, made of only plant fiber and strong glue, and past the eternally cold cubes of the past. Through the corpses of the infamous space worms from the days before Knid, and falling past the yellow gas giants that whirled like a drunken top. Falling into the darker line of stars that cluster near the edge and twisting through the thousands of remains from a long-forgotten war. At the bottom lies the planet of Bothowei, It lies at the pit of the galaxy with only a few journeying there every decade. Around the rings are thousands of pieces of shrapnel, making space travel nonexistent. Take a knife and cutting the planet into three separate pieces will reveal a lumpy, doughy, and chaotic volume of rock, sand, and more. The planet has three available oceans and life roams sparsely through the deserts that populate the harsh acreage. Everything in Bothowei seems larger than life. The forests engulf, the desert's flame and the tundras freeze-dry. Three suns constantly light up the blazing sand and all that live in the open air of the planet must recourse shelter constantly. From this, the night froze and the day blazed past quickly. Not much life thrived in the harsh tundras and deserts that littered the large expanse. However several thousand years and hundreds of thousands of refugees from the Centre, the expanse was put to use and life populated the multitude of deserts, tundras, forests, and oceans.

Ewan gazed and surveyed the landscape that stretched out in a blue emptiness that pooled out from the glowing moon. He pulled out his caliper and took a gamble about the size of the land ahead of him. The rocky foreground surrounded him with an engulfing claustrophobic sense.

The tree's rustled and the ground swallowed him up to smother him. His sweat pooled up on his back. He gasped slowly and focused on the measurements. Ewan shuddered and measured the boundary lines to keep himself distracted. His shoes clattered forward with fret and worry. He turned his head backward every few moments when the strange feeling emerged. Ewan whistled a small tune to permeate the seconds, but he sighed and stopped after a few minutes. Ewan sat down and dozed off in his thoughts. His experience had gone downhill after arriving from the messenger pods. The nights were freezing, lonely, and always perturbing. The night was filled with nightmares of closing space and the cramped tightness of the forest. The loneliness and occasional interruptions from wildlife hadn't made it better. In fact, the wildlife of Bothowei seemed to be nearly nonexistent. However, most of the wildlife simply wasn't there. They were small rugged creatures that rattled through the night ravaging and savaging everything. They resembled rats but had more power with destruction. One night there would be a whole forest, the next night there would be another stupid desert. The deserts were another problem that plagued Bothowei. It seemed that most of the planet was nonetheless full of sand and cold dirt that smoked the lungs and made you watch your breath. The locals didn't seem to mind and, in fact, they worshipped the desert. This disturbed Ewan because the desert seemed to have more negatives than benefits. Mostly, the desert liked to dehydrate and dry you until you peeled. For him, anyone who worshipped the desert must be likely insane. It seemed that way because the locals looked like they abhorred him. They all stared at him like he was a specimen in a jar, which was strange because there were no jars in the village. The locals always seemed to crowd around him whenever he arrived. He always had an audience of 5 or 6 watching him and expecting a show. One time he'd tried to juggle a couple of fruit but that hadn't worked because the cart carrier had chased him down. He scrambled it away and climbed up. He was going to need another ruler from the carpenter in town and he headed there.