Chapter 10

I was walking home. My legs did hurt but I kept walking instead of calling my chauffeur. I was frustrated and went to the gym to do boxing. Its a way of letting my anger out and it helped me to control it. I let out a sigh when my house came into view. I looked over and saw my father’s car in his usual spot. I rolled my eyes and made my way to our house.

“Welcome, Mr. Debhi” our security guard said. I just nodded and waited for him to open the gates. I heard voices already from outside and I knew they were in the nearest living room. I made my way inside and gave my bag to our maid. I made my way over to the voices and saw them arguing.

“Where were you?!” I heard my dad yelling at me. I just rolled my eyes. It was the only thing he did, besides paying everything for me.

“Out” I said not really bothering to tell him where I really was. He would not understand. He would never.

“What happened to your face?!” I heard my mum yelling while she made her way over to me. My heart softened a bit before I returned to my old cold-hearted self.

“Nothing” I said. I turned around and made my way to my room. I was standing in front of the mirror. My blue eyes were darker. It was always since then. It started to be like that the moment I met Manar. I felt like beating myself up when I thought about the lie I told her. The anger and frustration I felt towards Nourdin raised day by day. I needed to find out what he did to her. I just.. I just felt this pull towards her. Towards Karim. I didn’t know what it was and it was eating me. I punched the wall beside the mirror and made my way over to my bathroom.

~

I blinked my eyes and the sunlight hit it which made me groan in pain. I looked around and saw that I woke up on the couch with a thick blanket around me. My mind immediately went to Karim. I took off the blanket and ran towards my room, my heart beating faster than usual. When I saw him sleeping in my bed, I smiled. He was safe... for now..

I was walking through the school with a cup of coffee in my hand. My head was really hurting because of last night. It didn't help either when I found the little note on my door which made me angry. I shook my to forget about it for now. I was about to take a sip of my drug when someone grabbed my arm, which caused it to fall. I turned around to yell at the person who couldn’t even let me have coffee. When I saw it was Kamal, I tried to turn around but his grip tightened.

“We need to talk” he said. I just tried to pull my arm back, but he was just stronger.

“No, there is nothing to talk”about” I said. He just ignored me and pulled me along with him. When we came to a silent place, he let go of my arm and I crossed them. I was standing in front of him, but he was looking everywhere but me.

“Shoot” I said. He kept silent but didn’t say anything else. I was really getting impatient. He wanted to talk to me, but now he is the silent one.

“Tell me now or I’ll go Kamal” I said and was about to go when he grabbed my arm. He looked me in the eyes for the first time that day and I saw his eyes darken. He had this frown on his forehead which made me confused.

“Marry me” he said bluntly. I smirked while trying to pull my arm back, again.

“Nice joke, now let me go” I said. He didn’t let go. I rolled my eyes and raised my eyebrow.

“Marry me” he said again. When I saw his expression, I knew that it was no joke..