Chapter 17

I didn't know what to do. Karim was crying non-stop for three days. He only stopped crying when he fell asleep. I didn't know what he had. I went to the doctor yesterday but she said there was nothing wrong.

"Come on Karim, you always liked the swing!" I said while he was fighting not to go on the swing. I thought that he would stop crying when we went to the park but I was really wrong. He was kicking everywhere and his face was red from crying. I let out a sigh. It was hard. It was really hard. Raising a child on your own, without someone supporting you was really tough. I grabbed Karim and put him on my hip. He suddenly turned his head to left and his cries slowed down. I was used to his cries these past few days so I looked over at what he was looking. When I saw him, I rolled my eyes. I grabbed Karim's bag and put it on my shoulder andnwas about to go out of the park when Karim started crying louder than he normally did. He held his hands out to my left and when I realized that he wanted to go to Kamal, my eyes widened. He was being wild, begging in his own language to go to Kamal. Kamal walked slowly over to me. He looked me in the eye, as if he was asking for permission to hold him. I just gave him Karim. I got into shock again when I saw that Karim stopped crying. Like, literally stopped. You could only hear his soft sobs. Karim put his hands around Kamal's neck and buried his face in his shoulder. Kamal looked at me with wide eyes before he hold Karim tighter.

"He was.. He was crying for three days and didn't stop and now.." I started rambling, not understanding why that even happened.

"That's because I am the nicest person on earth. He likes me more than he likes you" he said playfully that caused me to roll my eyes. He started playing with Karim while I just watched them. Even though I was left out, I didn't mind. It was nice watching them. It looked like they had really fun.

"He is never like that with other people, you know" I said quietly. Kamal looked over at me in question.

"He is shy. He doesn't like meeting new people because he isn't used to people around. But.. But with you, he is different" I said, whispering the last part. Kamal didn't say anything back for a while.

"I am sorry" he said out of nowhere. I frowned.

"For what?" I asked. I really didn't understand what he was saying.

"For what I said at the lake. I didn't mean any of it" he said reminding me of what happened then.

"What do you want from me?" I asked him. He looked at me for a second before he stood up too.

"Just because I wanted you to talk to me doesn't mean I want something from you Manar" he said while wiping off the snow of his legs.

"No one wants to know something without a reason" I said and turned around. I didn't need this. I shouldn't be taking another problem on my shoulders. No. I heard Kamal yell my name and I turned around.

"You know what? I am so done with you. Do whatever you want. One you are nice the next you don't care. I don't know what happened to you nor do I care, okay? I don't want anything from you. Got it? Good" he said before turning around and walking off.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean it too" I said, looking away. Before he could answer he grabbed my arm and hurried away.

He was walking to the opposite direction of my house and I had it difficult to catch up with him.

"Kamal! What are you doing?!" I spat out. He looked back before he walked faster.

"Just walk Manar. Someone is following us" he said, which made my blood turn cold.

_________
Salaam guys, sorry for the long wait. I just had a lot to do and a MAJOR writers block. OH AND BY THE WAY I PASSED MY EXAMS. NO MORE HIGHSCHOOL, ugh that sounds so weird. Btw, I entered the #Wattys2015, just for fun.