Chapter 12

“Marry me” he said again. I turned towards him. He was serious. He really was.

“I don’t understand..” I said confused. What was he thinking?

“Look, they want Karim from you. I can’t let them have your child Manar. When you marry me, the marriage will protect him cause then he will be on my pasport means that Nourdin would never be able to take him fro-“ before he could finish, my palm met his face. My anger was raising. He let go of my arm and I took a step back.

“Who the hell do you think you are?! Do you really think that I am that desperate to marry someone just because? Have you ever considered the fact that I am scared shitless of men?! Have you ever considered the fact that my pride would be deep, deep under the ground because of this?! I am not scared, okay? I am not scared of them. My life has nothing to do with yours. Go mind your own business. This is my life and I make the decisions, not you. You have no right to come and grab me and order me to freakin’ marry you. You’re ridiculous. Go and fix your own life and stay out of mine” I said and turned immediately around and walked away. My hands were shaking. I always had a short temper and could never control my anger.

I shook my head to forget the memory. I didn’t want to think about it. Be strong Manar, if you break down they will get to you, I thought to myself. I just came back from an appointment with my counselor. She told me that Nourdin was free, which she heard about very late. I needed to do something. I knew that they would get my child. They are powerful. I have nothing to use against them. I was walking to my house. I put my hands in my pockets and walked faster. It was cold, but I liked it. The cold feels like it freezes the pain inside of me. I let out a deep breath and turned left to my house when I saw him. Fear started to raise in my body. The memories. What he did. Disgusting. Pain. Helpless. No one. I shook my head and turned around to run away but he caught up with me too fast.

“Don’t be so fast, Manar” he said. His voice gave me goosebumps from its disgust. It was the sound I would never want to hear. Ever.

“Let me go” I said, even though he was not touching me. He took a step forward while I took one back. I couldn’t look in his eyes. If I did, I would go back to that time.

“Why should I? You have something that belongs to me” he said. No. No, I did not.

“You can’t take him away from me” I said taking a step back.

“I can and I will and you know it very well. I got money, power. I got it all, little Manar” he said. He just did not say that. I felt my non-eaten dinner come above and felt the need to throw up.

 “The judges are on my side. Your reputation won’t let you take him from me” I said. I needed to put everything in this to let him stop.

“With a few million dollars, they will be on my side” he said. I shook my head. He couldn’t. Its not possible.

“He is not your child” I said. I needed to say it. I needed him to believe that.

“Oh don’t lie to me Manar. What would your family say when they hear you say that, huh?” he said. I felt a pang in my chest.

“They already left me. Because of you. I won’t let you take the one person in my life from me. Karim isn’t yours” I said so sure of myself. He was getting angry, I could feel it.

“Whose is it then, little Manar? Is it that guy’s? Kamal’s? Do you even know who he is? I guess not. This is getting funny. You will be shattered into pieces when you find out. And that day, that day will be the day I take Karim from you. Just wait Manar” he said, leaving me alone.

____________

I STARTED WRITING A NEW BOOK. It's called "I'm Miracle". Its different and (to me) better than my first two stories. Don't forget to check that one out!!