The lake.

I have to say, I don't see how this day could get any better; it's summer which means it's really hot outside, i'm back in Boston, I have my boyfriend/bestfriend with me, and we're heading to the lake next, our lake. 

- Alright, guitar, sandwishes, blanket, bag.. Anything else?

- Bikes, which includes helmets. Do you have mine as well?

- Sam you have got to be kidding me, I said raising my eyebrows.

- What do you mean, you know how I am about safety..

- I also know you and helmets, that's why i'm asking.

- Psh, that was years ago, he said more quietly.

I decided to pull off my Sam impression, when he was (still am, trust me) so extremely careful about his ''precious'' hair.

- ''Dude, my hair though, watch it!'' I joked ''protecting'' my hair. He just stood there.

- Ha ha, very funny. But seriously, i'm over it, he said and got on his bike.

- Oh really..

- Really.

Well this will be interesting..

- Then here, i said giving him a helmet, ''take mine''. I smiled and gave it to him.

- Mary, it's extremely hot outside if you haven't notic..

- Hah, a perfect excuse! No, you put it on, mister ''i don't care about my hair anymore.''

He laughed sarcastically and put the helmet on his head. I walked up to him and placed my arms on his shoulders.

- Have I ever told you how hot you look wearing helmets? I smirked.

- You're awfully serious about this, he smiled. 

- I just like being right.

- Oh a cocky one.. he said laughing.

- Haha, don't get me started, you know that doesn't happen a lot, i said and pecked his lips. On my way back to my bike I felt hands on my waist, pulling me in into a hug. He stood up and placed his chin on my shoulder.

- Even though that's true fact, i'll let it slip, for this time, he whispered into my ear. The feeling made me shiver, in a good way, a very very good way. 

- I'm used to being wrong most of the time..

- Can you imagine what a lame girlfriend I have, he said still whispering and smiling. I laughed and turned around to face him. I smiled and placed my forhead against his.

- Well then get yourself another girl, i whispered. 

- Aw, don't ever say that again, he said making a sad face. I laughed and gave him a soft kiss right on the lips.

At that moment, all I wanted to do was stay there, being embraced by him, being close to him, just standing there, kissing (first time ever hearing that in a story huh, wink wink.) Breaking apart from the kiss, I realized we had to get going if we wanted to reach the lake and spend a few hours there before it got too late. Even if it's summer, and it's not so dark outside when it's late, it would still be late. You get me. 

It took about 10 minutes to get to the lake. Since we went there from Lucy's house we had to take another road to get there. I will always always remember the first time we went to the lake from her house, we were so lost. And it's not like we could of asked for the way, no one basically knew about it, we thought. After almost 2 hours of searching we found it however, it was still not the right spot. You see, we had arrived to the other side of the lake, which may seem ridiculous to not call it ''the right spot'' but really, it felt different. So there we were, with our bikes, figuring out how to get over to the other side. And no, we were not that stupid to think about swimming over, no no. Thankfully the woods around the lake didn't have too many obsticals in the way, so it was pretty easy to get to the other side, after all. Thinking back on how we had to be on that special spot, didn't matter anymore. Regardless of what spot we would arrive to, it wouldn't matter. Thinking back made me realize how much I had missed being by that lake.