Unexpected action.

{Mary's POV}

I was awaken by the sound of a phone ringing. I groaned irritably and did everything in my power to open my eyes. Tired? If you only knew. After I had managed to open my eyes I felt like something was wrong, like somthing had changed or wasn't like its usual ways. The smell. The smell of cologne, a sweet  kind. I brought my hand to my forehead and rubbed it gently as well as blinking to make my sight more clear. I stopped rubbing my forehead when my sight caught the end of the bed.

Buckled sheets?

My eyes wandered across the buckled area and went upwards until I saw an arm, sticking out of the covers. The tanned arm, the spiked messy hair.

Crap.

I tried to remember what happened the other night. Drew and I almost did something that we really weren't supposed to, Sam caught us, walked away, I got upset, Annie, Kian, home again and bed. And now Drew's sleeping right next to me. I don't even know what he did last night while I was with Kian and Annie. Well, he sure got some explaining to do when he wakes up, that's for sure. Reality hit me when I once again heard my phone ring. I quickly got up and started searching for it; desk? no. Windowsill? no. Nightstand? no. I muttered crap to myself for I don't know how many times, but i was definitely too busy to notice that Drew had woken up.

- Looking for something?

- No I run around like this every morning, I spat. He chuckled and laid down again. After it stopped ringing I sighed in frustration. Searching every inch and every corner of my room, I still couldn't find it. I closed my eyes and tried to remember where I had put it.

I always take it out of my pockets if.. wait. 

I opened my eyes and made my way to the closet and searched for my jeans shorts that I had worn yesterday. Right when I grabbed my phone it started ringing for the third time. My heart stopped when I read the name across the screen. Fumbling with the clothing piece and the phone I dropped the shorts on the floor and quickly ran out of my room. Not minding the other people sleeping I ran downstairs and towards the door. Twisting the knob slowly, i openened the door, made my way outside and pressed ''Answer''. 

- Hello?

- Uhm, hi Mary..

There was a pause for a few seconds. I closed the door quietly and sat down on the last step of the porch.

- I couldn't find my phone that's uhm, that's why I didn't answer the first ti..

- Where were you yesterday?

I wondered if I should tell him I went to Kian, in case he had talked to him after I left. He spoke again, impatient for my answer. 

- I couldn't reach you yesterday after I went home, I tried to call you but, damn, where were you?

He sounded upset and worried which surprised me since he didn't seem to ever wanna speak with me again after what almost happened. 

- I-I just turned off my phone, not a big deal..

- Why though, you never do?

- Well, I did yesterday.

There was another pause, a longer one this time. I sighed, not knowing what to say, and neither did he. At one moment I didn't know if he was still there or not. I took the phone away from my ear to make sure we were still talking. While I checked I saw the time; 08:34am. 

- I'm sorry.., I whispered. He didn't say anything, so i continued.

- I'm sorry for not letting you know he was here, even though you weren't supposed to be around this weekend, not that it shou..