The past.

I couldn't move, and it felt like he couldn't either. I looked over at Kian who stood a few feet behind Sam, looking extremely confused and chocked, i think he understood what was going on. I didn't know what to do. I could feel my eyes getting wet from tears that was about to stream down my face. All i did was looking one last time at Sam, then turned around, slowly walking my way back home. I started walking faster as i heard someone following me. 

- Ma, Mary.. i heard someone whisper. Sam. I stopped and slowly turned around to face him, but i ended up not looking at him. I looked down on the ground.

- I.. I gotta *cough* uhm, Karen and Dan, home.., i stuttered with my eyes open. It looked like i was daydreaming. All kinds of stuff went through my mind and it felt like another dream, another nightmare about him. I decided to face him, to look in his eyes and hopefully see what he felt. I realized his hair was still curly, but shorter. He had gotten taller, not a big surprise. I couldn't stop thinking about his looks even if i didn't care. I looked into his eyes. He had teared up aswell. He had a terrifying, confused look on his face, not knowing what was really going on. He took a few step, trying to get closer but i refused at this moment. 

- Mary, don't.., he whispered and took one step closer. I didn't move this time. 

- No, not.. now, was all i could say. I never thought i'd see him ever again. I never thought i'd move to California, meet a guy who seemed to be Sam's best friend. I never thought i'd meet him, especially like this. I had no idea what to say. There were no tears left, i had stopped tearing up. 

- I can't, talk to you now Sam.., i said quietly trying to pull myself together. He just stood there looking at me.

- Karen and Dan they're, they're waiting for me, I, I gotta.., i said and started walking. As before, he followed me.

- What about, where are you're parents? I stopped as soon as i heard where the question was going. I didn't reply, just stood there.

- Mar.., he tried but i interrupted him.

- Yeah, a lot of things happened when you were gone! I almost screamed. I turned around and started walking a lot faster. I didn't hear someone following me so i started running. I didn't wanna turn around to see if both Sam and Kian were standing there. I just continued to run.

I stopped when i was on the driveway. Apparently Karen had seen me running through the window cause as soon as i stopped she opened the door, ran up and greeted me with a hug. She walked me inside and asked me what happened. I told her everything, how me and Kian had arrived to the party, how he introduced me to his friends, and that he knew Sam. Her eyes got bigger when she understood i had seen him.

- Oh my god.., was all she could say. I nodded and continued telling her how he was chocked, and how he had asked me about my parents.

I went to bed right after i was done telling her everything. I didn't mind checking my phone, I didn't wanna know if Kian had tried to call or text me. I just wanted to sleep and hopefully not having nightmares again.

The next morning i woke up early and couldn't fall asleep. I grabbed my phone, 5:11am. Two missed calls from Kian and one text where it said ''I hope you're alright. Call me tomorrow.''

I decided to go out for a morning run. I put on some shorts and a sportbra, grabbed my iPod, headphones, running shoes and i was ready to go. For some reason i was a bit worried. I don't know why or for what, but every time i was worried over something i'd go out and run it off, it really helped.

I came home around 7:15 which means i was out for 2 hours. No one was awake. I decided to call Kian.

- You're up early, he said with a not so tired voice. 

- I really did not expect you to pick up, i said breathing heavily. 

- Barely slept anything to be honest.. You sound of out breath, are you alright? he asked concerning.

- I just came home, been out running for a while, i said sitting down. He didn't answer, so i guess he was nodding or something.

- Uhm, Sam spent the night here, he's sleeping now though, but are yo..

- I'm alright Kian. I need to talk to him today, i said with a more serious voice.

- I'll give him your number when he wakes up, alright?

- Yeah do that, thank you. He told me we'll meet later, so i decided to go to the bathroom and take a long, warm relaxing shower. 

After the shower i took some white shorts, a red more loose tank top and braided my long light brown hair. I went downstairs to see if they were awake yet, but they weren't. I took out eggs and all the other ingredients to make panncakes. I made both chocolate and regular since i know Karen is more of a chocolate person while Dan likes to keep it simple. I took out some maple syrup and placed it on the tray, as well as the pancakes, two plates and two glasses with fresh orange juice. 

- Oh how they will fall in love with my, i joked to myself while picking the tray up. I opened their bedroom door, not minding knocking, placed the tray on a stool while i opened the blinds.  

- Do you mind, i mean, can you not.., i heard Dan say in a sleepy voice.

- Rise and shine beauty and the beast, breakfast ready! I shouted on purpose to make them wake up. They both opened their eyes and looked at me with their tired eyes. I just stood there and smiled big. I then went over to the stool, picked up the tray and handed it over to Karen.

- Now, i know you both love me and i know you wanna thank me, but i myself am hungry, so i'll leave you two alone. Enjoy your breakfast, i said walking out of their bedroom. Down in the kitchen i, as usual, poured the milk into my bowl of cereals while reading some tweets on my phone. I get a text, from an unknown number. I figured it must be Sam. For some reason i'm not sad anymore, i'm not mad, nor mad with him. I still don't know what to feel.

From Sam: Even though you hate me, can we talk?

To Sam: Just come over in an hour. 

Sam's arriving in 10 minutes, if i know Sam right. Always on time, always. I had asked Karen and Dan if we could have the house by ourself, so i was now alone. My heart starts beating faster as the clock turns 09:03. I'm upstairs, so i get down in case he's close. Right when i took the last step of the stairs someone knocked at the door. I took a deep breath and walked towards the door. What was i supposed to say? Should i let him start talking? All kinds of questions went through my mind as i opened the door. We made eye contact the first thing we did. I think we stood there for about a minute until i opened the door more, making a gesture and let him inside. He caught it up, and walked passed me. I closed the door. We walked to the living room, still standing up. He then said something, and all that was ''I'm sorry..'' I shock my head, tearing up a bit.

- 7 days after my 14th birthday you left. Two years later, 7 days after my 16th birthday, my parents left too.. That was i could say at that moment, nothing else. I wanted to say things, but i couldn't. When my parents died all i wanted to do was having Sam there with me. I had no one else. I was more of the quiet person in school that no one talked to. I wasn't bullied or anything, i just liked being by myself. Even after Sam left people didn't seem to care, no one asked me where he was, nothing. It was like everyone had known, except me. Like nothing had happened.

No matter how long ago it was, no matter how much he hurt me by leaving i wasn't mad. I couldn't forgive him but i wasn't mad, weirdly enough. He just stood there after i told him, tearing up as well. After a took a deeper breath he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me. I did the same. I didn't care anymore, I just didn't care. Sam was here, and even though we had a lot to talk about, i didn't wanna ruin this moment. This was the hug i had been waiting for, for almost three years. 

- I don't hate you, Sam.., i whispered as he hugged me tighter. 

---

Okay i don't know if this part was bad or not, so leave a comment and tell me what you think, and what you think about the story in general :) Xo