five

▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪

    The sun barely peeked through the golden curtains of the room when Nataliya fluttered her eyes open slowly. Her head was hurting and her mind was completely foggy so she needed a few moments to realise what is going on, where she is and why her head hurts. Her mind went back to the previous night and then all of it made a lot more sense. She groaned softly and put her hand to the spot where she hit the wall yesterday and sighed. Her hand then clutched the blanket to her bare chest as she slowly pushed herself up in a sitting position. She couldn't recall when was the last time she woke up like this, tired but in a very good way.

    Her lips curled into a small smile at the sight of Kirigan laying on his side, his back facing her. She watched in the silence of the room how the lighting did his build justice. His chest was slowly rising and falling to the rhythm of his breathing and she could hear his steady heartbeat without even trying to focus too much. The muscles on his biceps and back were prominent and Nataliya had to try really hard not to just reach over and run her hands all over him. She let him sleep, he looked like he needed it as she very slowly slipped off the bed, not liking that she had to drop the blanket in order to do so.

    Though comfy, the room was way colder than her bed and she quickly picked up a piece of clothing from the floor to hide herself as well as warm herself up. That piece of clothing just happened to be Darkling's black kefta. She didn't mind though it was way warmer than all other clothes. She moved silently through the room and frowned at the red kefta that was still hanging off the armchair where she left it yesterday. She'll have to get back her old kefta which was probably still with Alina.

    Then Nataliya remembered she is supposed to meet Genya this morning before they are going to the Grand Palace. With her sister in mind, she turned to the other part of the room and tried to get herself ready otherwise Genya will try to make her look better, which Nataliya hated.

    ''You should always wear black.'' The raspy morning voice of Kirigan came from her bed.

    Nataliya gasped softly as she didn't hear him wake up and she quickly grabbed the front of his kefta and closed it around her frame. She looked at him as he propped himself up on his elbows watching her with his dark eyes. She narrowed her eyes at his mischievous smile before she turned her back to him making his eyes stop travelling down her figure.

    ''I'm wearing red for a reason.'' She stepped over to her closet and searched through the racks for the more presentable clothes.

    The rustling of the bed was heard behind her and footsteps followed soon after that sound. A shiver ran up Nataliya's spine when she sensed Kirigan standing just behind her, his hot breath fanning her exposed neck.

    ''I'm just saying you look good in it.'' He said lowly, his voice still holding on to the deep side. ''It would also let everyone know your position beside me.''