ten

▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪

    Nataliya must admit that it was a strange feeling being without her kefta and walking around in mundane, dirty clothes. She still wasn't off the premises of the Little Palace and was just on her way to the stables to reach her horse who would take her all the way West again. She felt a huge wave of relief wash over her as her legs carried her away from that place. Away from Genya, who for the first time in the life Nataliya had no connection to whatsoever and she tried not to care about it either. But that was her younger sister, her only friend that lasted her entire life, Nataliya hated that they cut off ties so quickly without any second thoughts. She would lie if she said she didn't miss her but there was nothing to do now, not at least for the time she was away from the Little Palace.

    She was glad for the long horse ride she will endure, it gave her plenty time to think things through, to set her mind straight and on the plan again. There was no better place to think than with the wind in her face while racing through the forest at a fast pace. She had plenty of time to think what has been going on with Darkling. Not just his strategy and all his steps he has taken after they found Alina but also the two of them.

    Ever since their so-called relationship was over they acted strange, they were serious and almost strictly professional before Nataliya started to throw shade at him. She made him regret he ever let her know so much about him as she used it against him every chance she got which is why most of their conversations end in a fight. They disagree, each of them wants to be better and smarter than the other. But recently things have been going back to what they were and Nataliya didn't even manage to wrap her head around it. She has begun to let him in again and while she didn't believe his every word she missed that simple human contact between her and someone else.

     A girl can go without sex for only so long.

    Nataliya shrugged at the fact that she wanted to justify all her actions. More times than she liked to confess she acted impulsively before thinking everything through. Nataliya liked to have him figured it out but maybe she didn't know him as well as she thought she did since he kept surprising her. Like that half-apology earlier that day.

    She sensed movement at the corner of her eye and she turned her head the way. She stopped for a second before directing her feet to the one she saw. ''Alina.'' She called and jogged the few last paces.

    The Sun Summoner looked shaken and confused but not because of Nataliya. The redhead looked at the way from which Alina came and it all made much more sense. She just emerged from Baghra's cave and it was no wonder she just witnessed hell. Alina lightly shook her head and her attention was back on Nataliya.

     ''You're not wearing Grisha clothes.'' She stated as she observed.

     Nataliya looked down at herself with frown before she looked back at Alina. ''I'm heading west. Now I can't exactly spy if I look like Grisha, can I?'' She smiled mischievously and sent Alina a wink.