twenty-three

▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪   ▪

    Nataliya clenched and unclenched her fists by her sides as she felt her own pulse of the fast heart drumming in her ears. She closed her eyes for a few moments trying to gather her thoughts and figure out how she's going to face Kirigan. But all she could think was the smug look that he was probably wearing at the moment because he out mastered her. Nataliya opened her eyes with determination and washed the fear off her face. Her muscles moved, making her spin on her heels and look straight at Kirigan, who, in the time period while she was staring at the door, moved closer to where she was. Pure amusement was displayed on his features as he inched for any kind of reaction out of Nataliya but she wasn't giving him one. Then again by the look of how tense and alert she was, he already managed to scare her relentlessly.

    ''You thought I wouldn't find out?'' asked Kirigan, raising his eyebrows.

    Nataliya decided to play dumb, her dignity depending on it. ''Wouldn't find out what?''

    Kirigan chuckled darkly. He looked away from her daring eyes and stepped even closer. "How you went behind my back and told Baghra everything. Or how you tried to get every bit of information out of me in your sneaky little way to eventually overthrow me and become the General yourself."

    Nataliya tried to stay emotionless but her eyes kept flickering away from his gaze. Kirigan let out a low chuckle. "I still don't know how exactly you intended to execute the plan but I have to give it to you Nataliya, you were good. Though I doubt Baghra would be of any help."

    "I figured that out myself." Grumbled Nataliya.

    "Now you don't have to worry anymore, you just have to say yes to what I proposed. It's what we always talked about, didn't we? And I promised you so here it is." Kirigan gestured with his hands to the space between them.

   Nataliya slightly narrowed her eyes at him. "What makes you so sure I'll say yes?" She quirked up one eyebrow.

    Kirigan chuckled again and stepped closer, eyes finding hers again. "I never doubted you wouldn't. This is what you always wanted and all you have to do is say one simple three-letter word for your wish to come true. You don't have to speculate anymore, you don't have to get rid of me anymore and all will be so easy. Besides this gives you a perfect opportunity to finally be together with your sister."

    Nataliya startled a little at the mention of her. She always did, it was like a trigger word for her. "What does this have to do with Genya?" She asked almost scared to find out the answer.

    She didn't like not knowing what has been going on with her sister or even worse if anyone was making other plans for her without her knowledge. Nataliya looked straight into The General eyes trying to sense any lie off him or any sign that this was yet another of his deceptions. She couldn't see any of it.