-chapter 10-

The next morning you wake up happily with the thought of Miguel who is awake. When you turn your head you see your phone laying on the night stand. You grab it and see you got a text from Miguel.

                                                                            Miguel

MIGUEL: Good morning y/n!! 

Thanks for visiting me yesterday                                                                   

 that means a lot to me <3 

How do u feel about coming                                                                                

  again today? :)

YOU: Hey, I hope you're doing well! Ofc I'll visit u today! Cu later.

MIGUEL: YEAHH you're coming :D

y/n's POV: I smile as I lay my phone away. I thought texting him had become quite embarrasing after we nearly kissed yesterday but the last text was just how we usually text so I feel a bit better. 

3h later:

I leave the house when I say goodbye to my mom. I take my bike and drive to the hospital. When I arrived I park my bike and enter. I walk to Miguel's room where he's already waiting for me. He smiles.

"Hi y/n"

"Hello, how are you?" 

"Hard to say... I- uh just forget it. It's pretty boring here"

What did he want to say?

"I understand" I say. 

Pretty akward silence... What happened to us? We used to talk and laugh the whole time before. But now.. I think we just don't know what exactly we are. Are we friends or best friends or are we lovers? I don't know either... And there's still this thing that told the others but me when he travelled to Ecuador. I sit down at the chair next to his bed. He looks deeply into my eyes. I feel butterflies. Help, he's literally teasing me. Why is he doing that? But there is something. I can see it in his eyes. 

Miguel comes closer that's when I say

"You know what? Let's sneak out of here!" I don't know why I have this crazy idea but he said it was boring and I understand it. A white room with a TV and laying in the bed the whole day. That's really boring. 

Miguel smirks.

"Let's go" he says without thinking about it.

"At first we need to find something to transport you with. Are here any wheelchairs?"

Miguel points to a corner and yes there is one. I bring it to him and help him get in. 

After 5min we get it. It's difficult because Miguel can't feel his legs... 

Suddenly he says "I may won't be able to walk again". His eyes get watery. So that's what he wanted to say earlier....

This must be a very hard time for him. But I believe in him. There's still the possibility that he'll walk again one day. I kneel down in front of him, take his hands and say

"I'm pretty sure you will be able to walk again. You're the strongest person I know and I believe in you"

Then he hugs me. As we pull apart our faces are that near that I want to kiss him but I stand up and go to the wardrobe. I grab a hoodie and give it Miguel to put on because he's currently wearing one of those hospital nighties.

"And how exactly are we gonna do this now?" he asks.

"Trust me" I say.

"I trust you anyways" he says.

Butterflies.

I push the wheelchair out of the room after I checked the floor which was empty. Then I turn right rapidly and then left into an elevator. It brings us down to a parking garage.

"Smart" Miguel says as he chuckles.

"Here's usually nobody so I thought it was a good idea to leave the hospital like this" I say.

We leave the garage and in front of the hospital I run as fast as I could with the wheelchair and Miguel in it. Then we hide behind a tree.

"Wow I feel free" he says.

I smile and say

"I hope nobody saw us"

"So where are we gonna go now?" I ask.

"What about the beach?"

"Great idea"

When we arrived at the beach I help Miguel to lay down on the sand. I lay next to him. The sky is blue and I can hear the ocean. Then all of sudden I feel Miguel grabbing my hand. It's so beautiful right now but there's still this question...

"Why did you tell Demetri and the others when you went to Ecuador? You didn't tell me you just left" 

He lets go my hand and looks at me.

"I'm sorry, y/n" Miguel says.

"It was just- You were the only one who knew that we moved here because of my dangerous dad. Demetri and the others don't know that"

I was he only one? He entrusted me that thing...

"And I know it was a mistake but if I told you, you would've stopped me and you would've been right. But I had to do that for my mom and my uncle. I told the others because they had no reason to stop me"

"I understand, Miguel" I say and he's relieved.

Then I take his hand. We watch the sky turning into pretty colors and I say

"That sunset is so beautiful"

"Yes. And so are you"  he looks into my eyes. wow

I get closer to him as he finally kisses me.