-chapter 1-

the past:

You woke up and noticed that u got a text from your bestfriend miguel. 

MIGUEL: heyyy y/n, I thought about hanging out today. u free?

YOU: MIGUELLL YES I AM SO BORED!! where will we meet?

MIGUEL: what about the park at 3?

YOU: okay cu <3

MIGUEL: kk, there's sth i need to tell you...   delivered

You didn't even wait for miguel to text back because you needed to take a shower and change.

when you were ready it was 2:55pm. You ran to the park as fast as you could so you arrived timely.

 Miguel was already there. "Hey y/n" he said. "so yk there's something I need to tell you..."

"what?? I didn't know! What is it? you know you can tell me everything" you said with a smile on your face. But Miguel kept being seriously so your smile disappeared...

you both sat down on the grass. Nobody was in the park but the two of you. you both didn't talk to each other for a long time. you just sat there...  the wind was very cold and you started to tremble. miguel noticed so he took off his jacket and gave it to you. when he put it around your shoulders, your heart started beating faster and faster. as you looked at him and smiled, your cheeks turned lightly pink. you got a feeling you've never felt before.  what was that??

Miguels POV: I should tell her... This "thing" between us has been teasing me for months.. but I am also afraid of telling her that I'm gonna leave...

"so..." miguel started talking after 10 minutes of just sitting there. "I've got a great message (i think) and a bad message for you. which do you wanna hear first?" he said with a smile on his face but you could see the pain in his eyes.

"bad message first" you said

"okay so... y/n, i gotta leave you for a while.. but i promise when the sky turns pink, I'll be back"

                                                                                                                         (the promise) ^

"what?? where are you going?? what are you gonna do??  you can't just leave me alone. I'll come with you!!"

miguel didn't answer that but then said "I- I love you, y/n..." 

your eyes widened and you got that feeling again. before you could answer he ran away. he left his jacket with you.

(in reseda, where miguel lives, is a small spot that just a few people, also you and miguel, know. at that spot you can watch a certain part of the sky. every 2-3 months, that part is pink)

authors note: hey!! i hope you liked the beginning of my story. if you see any mistakes please ignore them, English is not my mother tongue, so it is a bit difficult to write :) comment your opinion below if you want to and lemme know if i should continue this story!