-chapter 5-

The first thing you do is driving to Miguel's uncle. Carmen's also worried about him because she doesn't know how long he's been alone. After a long drive you both arrive very tired at his house. Carmen runs to the door, unlocks it and enters the house. You follow her. He's in the bedroom.

Luckily he's ok. 

"dónde está Miguel?" 

"fue al supermercado esta mañana y no regresó"

"I asked him where Miguel is. He told me he went to the supermarket this morning but didn't come back. y/n, could you please go and find him? I need to stay here to take care of my brother" Carmen says. "Sure" you answer. "Thank you so much" she gives you the directions. 

Arrived at the supermarket you try to ask the seller if he has seen Miguel. You show him a picture. He speaks a bit english and he can tell you that he saw Miguel go around the right corner next to the supermarket. When you think of Miguel your heart starts beating faster but you're still angry at the same time. At the corner is a long impasse inbetween two blocks of houses. Perfect. This is an impasse... Where could he have gone? Suddenly you spot some band on the ground. You go there. 

y/n's POV: It's the bracelet I once tied for Miguel! *you look at your wrist*  I am wearing the same.. How could I forget that? He must have been here ... 

Miguel's POV: *wakes up* where am I?  Shit man.. Why did I trust him..? It is so dark inside here... Idek where I am. I wish y/n was here. But it was better not to tell her where I am. I hope someone finds me..

You  notice a side door right next to where the bracelet lay. He must be in there. 

"MIGUEL??" you scream. No answer. "MIGUEL!!!" still nothing. Your eyes are full of tears. You have no choice left so you open the door. Locked. Of course.. 

y/n's POV: Now I don't care if he is in there or not. Miguel had shown me some badass karate kicks so I need to try them out now. There's no other choice left! 

BAM

It worked!!! The door is broken now but that's not important. The only important thing now is to find Miguel. 

You run inside. There's a long hallway and it is pretty cold and uncomfortable.

"Miguel?!!" you scream while running. "Are you here?"

"MIGUEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL?"

"y/n? y/n is that you?"

y/n's POV: OMG IT IS HIS VOICE!!! IT'S MIGUEL'S VOICE!! I FOUND HIM OMG!! I LOVE HIM... I LOVE HIM SO MUCH I'M HAPPY HE'S HERE. Wait... did I just think I love him?

You keep running straight along the path. There's a small room to the left so you go in there. He's there. You found Miguel.

"y/n you're here"

You say nothing, you just grab his hand and pull him out of the building. Meanwhile it started raining. Outside you run fast to a safe place. Far away from the dark room you hug him and ask "What the hell happened?"

"Well, that's a long story. I went to the supermarket this morning to buy medicine. Then I saw my father. Somehow he found out that I'm here. He told me he was sorry about everything what happened. The next thing I knew is that I woke up in that room.. It was a bad idea to trust him I should've run away. I mean we already fled to California because of him"

"I am so happy you're ok! Your mother will be also very glad" You send Carmen a short message.

"So the two of you took the airplane just because my location wasn't found and I didn't answer the calls? I think my father took my mobile and turned of the location or so. Absolutely my mobile isn't in my pocket anymore"

"Yeah, you should be very happy we did that. Otherwise nobody would have found you" you smile. 

"I love you" he says with that cute smile.

"What about dancing in the rain?" you change the subject.

"Okay" Miguel's a little bit upset.

Just the two of you dancing in the rain on the streets in the middle of nowhere in Ecuador. Now you realise how important Miguel is in your life. He was always there for you. He is just the best friend you could ever imagine. You can have fun with him, do crazy things and talk about everything. There's no secret between you.

Then all of sudden you stumble over a stone while dancing. You fall into Miguel's arms. Now you're very close to him. You make eye contact. You can feel his warm breath and his heart is beating. You look into his brown eyes. Suddenly he kisses you. 

y/n's POV: my first kiss but with my best friend?? In the rain??

At once you remember there WAS a secret between you.Before he'd gone away. He told his buddys but not the most important person in his life. His best friend.

You get out of Miguel's arms and distract the kiss.

"What's up?"

"Nothing"

Miguel looks confused. On the way back to the house you don't talk a single word to him. Carmen opens the door and hugs Miguel.

"Miggy, I'm so glad you're alright" 

You stay the night at his uncle's house and the next morning you take a plane back to California. Without Carmen because she stays with her brother till he's fine.

Back home:

You ring the doorbell. Your mother opens the door. Obviously Carmen texted her because she knew everything.

"Hey y/n, I think you're very tired now. Come in" she gives you a hug.

"Hey mum. Yeah I'm exhausted" 

You go upstairs to your room, go to bed and fall asleep.