Nosy parents

Third Person POV:

(Y/N) continued to stare up at her ceiling contemplating whether to get up or not. After the events of the prior day, she held no desire to return to school in fear that the rest of her so-called 'friends' shared an opinion with the other two girls. The girl felt ashamed of herself yet she couldn't help but smile when thinking about her time spent with Ryuji.

His hostility had completely dropped and he was even respectful of her boundaries and spoke in a low voice as to not startle her, and at that moment all she wanted to do was hug him and let him take away all her pain. Yet her fear and anxiety took over her entire being controlling her every move. 

"(N/N) breakfast is ready!"

Her mum called snapping the girl out of her daze. She pulled herself up and off the bed and glanced over to the mirror on the other side of her room. Her reflection stared back at her, presenting her messy look. With a small smile (Y/N) grabbed a hoodie and left her room. Downstairs there were pancakes stacked on a plate with a cup of milk next to them.

(Y/N) thanked her mother for the meal and began to dig in. Her father had been in the living room next door busy with his work. He did sneak in a couple of glances towards his daughter feeling happy that she finally seemed to be in a better place. There wasn't much of a change if any at all in her physical appearance, but he could just tell something had happened to cheer her up and that made his heart swell with happiness.

 He wanted his little Princess to be happy and when he heard what Kamoshida had been doing with his daughter he wanted nothing more than to crack a few skulls but that was all behind them. His beautiful princess was enjoying her meal happily chatting off to her mother. (Y/N) glanced back to meet his gaze and let out a small smile followed in pursuit by a chuckle.

"Dad your hair is all messy. You've even got some fluff stuck in it."

The girl said in between chuckles. The chair that she had been sitting on scraped against the hard wooden floor and she made her way towards her father. Her small hand went up to his (H/C) hair and she took out the piece of fluff that had been residing on it. Her hands quickly moved around his head, smoothing down his hair making it look nicer. His heart was thumping hard against its cage as he realized how close she had gotten to him.

All he wanted to do was pull her in close and embrace her but he had to fight this urge as it may send (Y/N) into a panicked state. He could tell (Y/N) was already struggling from this close interaction due to the shakiness of her arm and her unsettled legs yet she was trying her hardest to approach him and show her love and appreciation.

Once her job was done she swiftly returned back to the table to consume her delicious breakfast as her mum stared on with a big smile plastered on her face. No comments were made about her actions and conversations quickly picked up again.

"When is Ryuji going to come and visit again"

Her mother asked with a mischievous smirk. She was well aware of her daughter's little crush and presumed something good must have happened between them to put her kid in such a good and brave mood. (Y/N)'s face turned beet red and she quickly looked down at her food. At the mention of a boy, her dad had perked up with his full attention on his beloved wife and daughter.

"Muum I told you it's not like that!"

Whined (Y/N) at her nosy mum. (Y/N) continued to stab at her pancakes and shove them down her mouth wishing to avoid any more talk about the blond boy. Memories of yesterday quickly flooding her mind making her even more embarrassed. Her mum noticed this and instantly responded with

"Why don't you ask him to join us for dinner? What's his favourite food?"

(Y/N) froze at the thought of Ryuji being in her house with her. She could manage to be with him but the thought of being that close brought some small anxiety to her. Before she would have jumped at the idea to invite her crush to dinner but now, after everything she wanted to keep a distance between herself and other boys.

In fact, she wasn't sure how she would be around Ryuji's friend Akira Kurusu. He was a guy after all but she couldn't just return to her old friend group, she may be scared but her pride still clouded her judgments. Her mum noticed her change in behaviour and swiftly changed the topic whilst offering more food to her daughter. 

(Y/N) knew that she couldn't stay afraid and let her fears control her for the rest of her life but she also couldn't imagine herself ever being comfortable around other guys again. It was a miracle she managed to talk to Ryuji normally the other day even though she just wanted to run away and cry. She gave out a small sigh as she finished her breakfast and left for school.