11

Normani pulled up to their old school which actually was not too far from the wedding reception. She hopped the fence of the soccer field and looked through the dim lit bleachers when her eyes landed on Lauren's silhouette. She sighed and walked up the metal stairs and over to her friend.

"Ally is trying to stall long enough for you to calm down and come back." Normani spoke softly sitting beside Lauren.

"...I don't want to believe that, Mandy's kid is mine but between me and brad im the only one who intersex. It skips five generations. I have Kayli. My brothers girlfriend is pregnant with twins. Taylor isn't intersex so the gene isn't present in her body. It has to be mine." Lauren sighed.

"It's heavy I know but, at least take the DNA test, maybe this is a trick to get you back into her life. Don't you think she would have told you earlier if the kid was intersex? Didn't you guys meet up yesterday?" Normani asked looking at Lauren.

"That's the other thing. If in never helped Brad I wouldn't be in this crap right now. I really wouldn't. But no, I had to be detective Lauren and search long and Hard for Mandy and that's my fault. I should have just left it alone. I'm such an idiot. I know by me running off like that Camila's pissed. Or even upset I didn't listen to her. She told me to be careful and to not get involved but I promised her everything would be fine and now look, it's not." Lauren sighed.

"Don't be so hard on yourself. I honestly think Camila is more scared right now than mad. She's never see you lash out that bad to the point of you hurt someone else. And honestly Camila might be your love and all but if you could lash out and hit Mandy, you could possibly be a danger to Camila and Kayli herself." Normani stated.

"Don't say that." Lauren said angrily.

"Lauren," Normani started

"Don't fucking say that to me!" Lauren yelled at her.

"Lauren see, you need to calm down first. You get too mad too easily and honestly what is violence going to do? Just keep getting you in more and more trouble." Normani spoke softly. "Have you been on your meds?"

"I didn't take them yesterday or today." Lauren stated.

"Lauren..." Normani sighed.

"I know can we just go back now?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah let's go." Normani said softly standing up. They walked down the bleachers and towards Normani's car.

"Is this open?" Lauren asked pointing to the glove box.

"Yeah. Why?" Normani questioned glancing away from the road for a second before focusing them back.

Lauren pulled the compartment open and pulled out a small bottle and took out two pills.

"Is that your meds?" Normani asked.

"Yeah everyone I've ever road with has a bottle in their car. You, Dinah, Ally, Heather. All of you." Lauren spoke popping the pills.

"Good." Normani sighed.
---
Lauren walked back into the reception and found Camila quickly.

"You're back." Camila smiled wrapping her arms around her neck.

"Can we talk." Lauren said softly.

"Babe we have to cut the cake, can't we after?" Camila asked looking at her.

"Yeah we can. Let's go cut the cake." Lauren smiled softly. After a few minutes of getting everyone together the couple cut the cake and fed each other a piece. They then quietly broke away from everyone.

"What's up?" Camila asked as they stood outside. Lauren sighed and leaned against the wall.

"Babe, if you think I'm mad about anything that happened, I'm not. Am I a little scared due to the fact Mandy is back in your life? Yeah I am. But I'm not going go let that get in the way of anything else, you promised me and you against the world and I'm going to believe you keep that promise. I love you too much for any of this drama to get in between us. As far as Mandy's son, if she wasn't lying and you are the mother, I'm going to expect you be in his life considering, one he's trans and two he's intersex. Mandy can't handle that on her own. As much as I resent her I wouldn't put that pressure on her. I wouldn't put that pressure on anyone. You don't have to fight for custody and go into some big battle. You can just be in his life, because I want a son of our own. I don't mean to sound selfish but, if you go into this huge battle, you might win you might not but if you did I couldn't possibly raise a kid that isn't mine. It would be hard and I could possibly get hurt by it. I just want you to be happy Lauren...that's all I want. I also want you to start taking your meds again because I've never seen you get that mad and it scared me because what if your anger and temper get the best of you and you end up accidentally hitting me or worse Kayli..." Camila sighed looking at Lauren who shook her head.