30 I It's okay if you forget me

Dear Diary,

Dear Diary,

Life doesn't wait for anyone. Whether you go with the flow or remain stuck with your past, whether you live it to the fullest or keep your self locked up with regrets, whether you shine like a star or drown in distress, whether you live the present or die with fears. It all depends on you. Some waste their time thinking of what could have been, wishing if they can do it once again but time doesn't wait but flows. It's your choice whether you choose to fight or let yourself flounder on its own.

Days past by, months past by, years past by and I still felt lonely surrounded by unknown people in the land of aliens. Maybe these years were hard to bear but now I am used to it. I tried hard to cut off that part of my life which he had been a chunk of. But again those warm touches, those soft giggles, those messy curls awakens my heart from its deep slumber, longing for him with fake hopes. I hadn't talk to him nor had I heard his voice for these twelve long years and I hope, I won't. Pu said that they moved to Delhi a few years ago. Its been twelve long years. He may have forgotten me but it's okay. I guess we would never meet.

Michel de Montaigne once said - 'Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.'

It's true. He will stay in my heart forever. Maybe as the most painful memory but I will still find solace in it.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

A stern aged voice asked in a calm tone,
"Miss Mallika, would you like to tell me something about yourself?", She was Miss Chandramukhi Saxena. The most strict and renowned lawyer ever.

"Yes sure Madam. So I am Mallika Singh and this year I turned out to be twenty four. I had spent the first twelve years of my life in India upto class six. Then I had completed the rest of my schooling from Westminster School in London.", I took a pause for a while but to fill the gap Miss Saxena added in.

"Oh! So you are thinking of being an Indian Lawyer by studying foreign law?", she asked sarcastically. I too decided to play along giving out a soft and formal chuckle.

"There was hardly any person in London with whom I could engross myself in arguments. So finally I came back to India to fulfill my latent desire and use my tongue in this profession.", I said to which she widened her eyes as if they would pop out any moment. Maybe it was too much now.

"Anyways jokes apart! I am very well acquainted with the Indian law as I had fed my brain with some law books of India like Landmark Judgements that changed India by Justice Ashok K. Ganguly and I also made myself aware of the Indian Constitution. Moreover, I keep myself updated about all the current affairs and highlighted incidents that are happening throughout the world. I took some months to prepare for the CLAT examination and after clearing the same, I pursued LLB in National Law School of India University and finally bagged my degree after five years. With this my dream to become a lawyer has come true.", I completed the introduction.

"So Miss, you have already got recognition as a lawyer then what are your expectations from this old lady now?", she asked very well knowing the purpose of my arrival but maybe she wanted to listen it from my mouth.

"As we already know that old is gold, and age is directly proportional to experience, thus I thought of coming to an experienced person who can make me ripe in this profession.", I replied and when I noticed her she look stunned but then again she changed her expressions into a serious one.

"Okay! I am pleased with the way you presented your thoughts and opinions. You're welcome to be my assistant but mind you! People find it difficult to get along with this old lady because I have a strict set of rules. If something goes wrong then you have to face the music.", I gulped as it sounded like more of a threaten.

Rules? I never follow them. Or maybe I fail to do so. Rules remind me of him. And whenever it's him, I am sure to make a mess. Her 'my way or the highway' attitude is nothing in front of him. He was the best when it came to rules and strictness. And I loved that side of his. Is he still the same now? Maybe he too has changed with time.

𝖬 𝖨 𝖲 𝖲  𝖬 𝖠 𝖫 𝖫 𝖨 𝖪 𝖠  𝖲 𝖨 𝖭 𝖦 𝖧

𝖬 𝖨 𝖲 𝖲 𝖬 𝖠 𝖫 𝖫 𝖨 𝖪 𝖠 𝖲 𝖨 𝖭 𝖦 𝖧

_________________________________________

Welcome to the second arc 🥳

It's an intro so kept it short.

So there's a 12 years time leap!!
Mallika is now a lawyer but what about Sumedh?
Let's see what happened to her Mr. Noodles.
Will Mallika and Sumedh ever get along?

There is going to be thrill and suspense in the upcoming chapters. So stay tuned ❤️

And vote and comment if you liked the chapter! Sayonara 👋

--- Blue 💙