35 I War Criminal

Time and tide waits for none is a known statement but sometimes while running behind time we forget it's our loved ones who make our time special

••Army headquarters•

"Captain Sumedh! You seem to be the star of the whole nation which is your satellite. Your success in this mission will lit up the entire country and if you fail then our motherland will be embedded in the darkness of eclipse.", said General Shankar Mukherjee.

"Sir I am extremely sorry. For me you all had to delay such an important mission.", Sumedh apologized as he held himself responsible for all of the happenings.

"It is very unfortunate to lose one's mother at such a young age that too due to improper medications. Tuberculosis is a life-threatening disease and it will certainly worsen if a person neglects taking medicines at proper time. Don't blame yourself! This one year time is just not enough to cope up with such a great loss but despite that you succumbed your grief and are now standing in front of me ready to serve for your nation. This proves that you are a true patriot and the nation needs more like you. Now cheer up a little and never ever blame yourself for which you are not guilty.", He said softening his tone a bit. Sumedh not only respected him because he was his head but also because his nature too resembled his father. He always scolded him when he made mistakes and also cared for him like he was his own son.

"Thank you sir for understanding. I promise I would give my best this time."

"You always give your best. Anyways, from now on till the mission commences, your head will be General Himanshu Rastogi. Now follow me.", saying this they both left to enter another room where all the team members were waiting for them along with General Rastogi.

"Captain Sumedh! He is General Himanshu Rastogi, your head for the time being.", General Shankar Mukherjee introduced him to Sumedh.

"Jai Hind Sir!", Sumedh stepped forward and gave him a salute standing upright with an assertive posture 'chin up, chest out, shoulders straightened, stomach in', as he was taught in the military drill.

"Jai Hind Captain Sumedh! This is your team. There are twenty members in total who have been trained for this mission. Now you can discuss with them about the strategies and plans regarding this mission.", he pointed towards the team members and then both of the Generals exited the room.

Sumedh went close to the members and started,

"I am Captain Sumedh Mudgalkar who is going to lead this team. Hope I'll get support and cooperation from you all. This is for the safety of our people. If anyone is even a bit afraid may leave right now! No fraidy souls are welcomed in this mission. If you are determined and brave then stay and fight and if you are a coward then the exit is that way!", he said with a fierceness in his voice and one could see the fire burning in his eyes. Listening to him a shudder ran down everyone's spine.