• Chapter 08 •

• Chapter 08 • Thief

" Mom-" Abir shouted from his room not finding his other pair of socks.

Why does it have to play hide and seek every morning ?

Not finding it and not getting reply from his mother , considering her busy with something he stuffed his laptop in bag. And keeping it on bed he swiftly turn towards the door to walk out only to find his mother standing there with tray in her hands , which had glass full of medicinal juice , which she had made out of medicinal plants that she lovingly grew in the lawn.

Looking at which Mishti had smiled brightly.

Yeah !

Her smile is contagious.

Angry Violent Lady.

Correction , Angry Violent Chorni.

Stop right there.

" You aren't going to work today , Abir. " She said rolling her eyes , while he jumped out of the battle he was having with his inner conscience.

She moved in and placed the tray on table besides her. While he waited for her to complete.

" It's been only two days and Mishti did say you need to rest for minimum three days. " She said and he sighed hearing Mishti's name.

From the day Rajvansh's learnt Mishti's name they are using it more than required , scratch that his brain keeps screaming it all the day.

" Mom , my leg is perfectly fine now. All thanks to your 'kaada'. " He said only to receive a glare from her.

" You aren't going today and that's final. " Saying so she crossed her arms across her chest.

" Mom , it's better if I invest my time in work rather than wasting it sitting idle , here. " he defeatedly said.

" Abir it's been years you have actually got a break from your work. And now that you have an excuse , you should take advantage of it. " She spoke giving a serious thought.

" But Mom , I don't want to burden dad unnecessarily. " He voiced out his concern.

" I am letting you go today only after I get confirmation from Mishti. " she spoke.

Again Mishti

It's been just two days she visited and spend little time after having lunch with the Rajvansh ladies and she was already in their favourite list , which is a rare case.

That day we came to know about her being living all alone in the city.

That day I learnt , along with angry , violent and thief she is strong too. Surviving without parents or any guidance is just worst.

Thinking about , if I wasn't adopted god knows where would I have been lying.

" Abir , you listening ? " his mother snapped her fingers infront of his eyes while he just nodded.