• Chapter 23 •

• Chapter 23 • Everything is awesome.

Like every morning before heading to their respective workplace , Abir filled Mishti's hairline with vermilion while she slid few bangles in both her hands respectively. She then , handed him his handkerchief , wrist watch and wallet and then , bend down to pull the small stool in the direction where he was standing. While he was wearing his watch she stood on a stool and started wrapping the tie around his neck.

" Mish , can I ask you something ? " He asked as he pressed the clip of watch as per his wrist breadth and then , looked at her.

" Go on. " She said still her hands working on his tie , tip of her tongue was out as her eyes and mind was focused adding more perfection to his perfect look.

" Why do you always wear this pendant ? " With his right hand's index finger , he held the thin silver chain of the pendant , underneath of her mangalsutra.

" You really want to know ? " She paused for a second feeling his cold fingers brushing near her collar bone and then , asked. He just hummed still looking down at that pendant.

" Because someone special gifted me. " She said. As she was done with his tie , she dusted off the imaginary dust from his shoulders before looking at him resting her both hands on his shoulders.

" Your Mom ? " He frowned.

" Nope. " She frowned and then , flashed him a small smile.

" Then ? " He raised his eyebrows as curiousity was dripping from his voice.

" I just told you , someone special. " She emphasized on special as she jumped down the stool.

Someone special ?

Who possibly could it be ?

Because it's neither Naina nor Neil and not even a person I know.

Or else she would've directly told me that person's name rather than designating him / her as someone special !

" May I know who that someone special is ? " He asked quoting someone special in air as he suddenly started feeling restless.

" He is --- " She was quickly interrupted.

" He ? That means , that special one is a guy. " Shock was painted all over his face but he was quick enough to turn it to neutral.

A very bad attempt of pretending , dear husband.

" Did your , inner green eyed monster invoked ? " She frowned , playfully asking him.

" What made you think , that I'm jealous ? " He rolled his eyes before continuing. " That to of a person I haven't met , anytime. " She slightly tilted her head towards her right studying his face making him look everywhere but her as heat crawled up into his body , little embarrassed that she actually voiced out his inner conscience.

" He was my best friend. " She breathed out in attempt to shove away all the negative thoughts that were creeping in his mind.

" A person I could blindly relie on , with whom I was never hesitate to talk my heart out , in short , my human diary. " She smiled remembering the time she spend with that person.

" When he gifted me this pendant , he had told me that , whenever I'm in any problem I just have to look into this mirror here --- " She points out the small piece of mirror which was supported the by the silver chain. " this girl has the solution to all the problems in the world. There's nothing she can't solve. " She ended with a smile which never left her lips.