Hello, i'm james.

"So its Caroline?" he grins "you couldn't get out of there fast enough this morning i couldn't even say bye." you almost sense hurt from him "I'm sorry Bucky, wait is your name seriously Bucky? And I ran out so quick because I was late and one night stands aren't really something I do so I honestly have no idea how the morning afters are supposed to go." you admit feeling so embarrassed. The whole bed shook as he laughed "my full name is James Buchanan Barnes, Bucky is just a nickname that's stuck around for almost 80 years. One night stands aren't my thing either, so I guess understand." "hmmm James, I like it" you smile "wait 80 years? What do you mean? Your obviously not that old" "well actually I am, I've know Steve since we were kids. Even fought with him in Germany before the whole him sleeping on ice thing." he says quietly probably waiting for you to lose your mind. "Okay... Well everyone knows why Steve didn't age for 70 years, why didn't you?" you say hesitantly, wasn't Steve alone in the ice?

            James didn't say anything for a couple moments then just sighs and says "its not a great story. I also did a lot of Things I'm not-proud of but you deserve the truth." you could feel his pain. He was so ashamed of what he was about to tell you. Before he could start telling you anything you grab his hand "James. I should tell you another one of my "abilities" lets me sense what others are feeling. Its not something I like to do but sometimes it just happens.. I can feel how much everything your about to say hurts you and I don't want you to tell me anything that causes this you this much pain. I understand and wont blame you if you'd rather not travel to the past. Mine isn't great and very few people know what happened to me during my time with Hydra most don't even know - " James interrupts you, his voice is strained and you can see how tense his jaw is "did you just say Hydra?what do you mean by time?" his anger catches you off guard. "um yeah, unfortunately I was taken from the orphanage I lived at and was held captive until three years ago when I was rescued by none other than the Avengers when they raided a base." you can't even bring your self to look up at him.. You can sense he is furious. "that's were my abilities came from. I was there for almost 6 years. They did so many experiments I was just a guinne pig for some mad scientists." you barely get that all out. You look at him he is just staring at the wall like he could murder anyone in that moment.. "James? I'm sorry if I've said something wrong? I could feel how upset you were and it reminded me of my pain.. It just felt like something I should share..." you look up at him as he sighs "oh Caroline.."

         "Wow.. James I don't know what to say.. I am so sorry you went through that" you are stunned. James went through hell with hydra and even has his robotic arm because of it.. "well now that we've swapped sob stories, we need to talk about us?" he says trying to lighten the very heavy mood. "mmm, I see your point" you say half asleep "maybe we can rest our eyes first" you're so close to dreamland when James chuckles and pulls you up from the spot you were laying on at the bottom of the bed and tucks you in. You two sit in silence for so long you are barely conscious when he leans down to kiss your forehead "oh Caroline," he whispers "what i going to do now you're here?" he slips out of your bed and heads to his room and you drift off to bed