One step forward two steps back.

sitting at the counter the next morning enjoying a cup of coffee you think of everything James shared with you. It killed you to hear stories last night.. The thought of someone doing that to him hurts more than it should. Finishing up you head to your room to change, what you need is a good run to help clear your mind and maybe talk some sense into your moronic brain. The things you are Feeling are not Things someone should be feeling about someone they had a one night stand with and not to mention a coworker. Changing into your favorite jogging shorts and Red sports bra you head out to do a few laps around the compound.

          Never having a one night stand before has made the only thing you know about them is what's on TV, but I'm fairly certain, should not feel this way about James. All you want is for him to hold you in his strong arms and kiss you. Which is crazy! Right? You want to talk to Wanda and Natasha about everything which is so strange since you've always kept to yourself but with them you fill like you can be yourself and they wont judge. Walking up the steps to go in side after your run you can't help smile at how much this place feels like home already. Pulling your headphones out you walk into the kitchen to get a water, when you see James sitting at the table eating breakfast. "good morning James" you say with a smile. He turns around and looks at you and instantly starts choking.

          "What the hell are you wearing?!" James practically yells. You look down at your clothes. "umm running clothes? Why what's wrong?" the next thing you know he has you thrown over his shoulder and is headed up stairs. "JAMES!!!WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!" you scream at him and try to wiggle free. He makes it into your room and slams your door. "James! what the hell ? " he sets you down and glares. Before you can say anything he says "don't you dare wear anything like this out of this room again!" you can tell he is beyond mad, but why?! "um 1. James who the hell you think you are? 2. What's wrong with my running clothes? And 3. I will wear whatever I want to wear anywhere any time." you cross your arms and glare right back. "you don't understand Caroline, your not a guy." you notice he's avoiding looking at you completely. "James, what does that mean? And why the hell wont you look at me when you talk to me! Do i repulse you that much!?" suddenly super self  conscious you turn and head to your bathroom. Before you even take a Step James spins you around and pins you against the door. With his body pressed up against yours and his face nose to nose with yours, you can't think of anything but his lips especially when he starts saying "repulse me? No ha god no. The complete opposite actually." he comes closer and whispers in your ear, "I don't think you realize how much self control it took to not take you right there in the kitchen." you can't stop the gasp that escapes your lips. "I don't want you wearing this kind of things because  I can't promise I won't kill anyone who sees you like this." "but why? Its not like we're dating Bucky?" does this mean he feels something? I should just man up and tell him I do.. You open your mouth to say something but he signs "your right. We had a one night thing, that's it." and just walks out.

         after that bizarre encounter you decide now is a good time to lay out by the pool and get some reading done. Sprawled out on a lawn chair in your favorite bikini you try to focus on your book but you end up thinking about James. Its been hours and you haven't seen him.. Its so wrong that i feel disappointed at how that conversation ended, right? I shouldn't have these feelings, Suddenly the bifrost shoots down and a second later you see Thor and Loki 5 feet away. "Well if it isn't my favorite brothers! How was your trip?" As they walk up to sit next to you James comes walking up the path to the pool. "Bucky! How have you been?! I have missed your humor" Thor booms. "Thor its great to see you as well. Hello Loki, Caroline." he nods to you and Loki and immediately looks away and starts talking to Thor, giving you the cold shoulder and since Loki is sitting on the foot of your chair him as well. Damn you think sending the thought to Loki you'd think one of US pissed in his Cheerios this morning or something. Loki immediately starts laughing giving you an agreeing look which earned you both a confused look from Thor and a deathly glare from James. You roll your eyes and get up "well gentlemen if you'll excuse me I have stuff to get done." and head inside.

Dressing in the same work out clothes you always wear, despite James's earlier opinion on them he hasn't said anything about them so whatever. Loki has become your daily training partner and occasionally Thor, Bucky always seems to be done by them time you come in, which despite your best efforts pulls at your heart a certain way. It's official no more one night stands ever, though Loki has offered to take the training to the bedroom to "work out stress" you laughed and said you were quite capable of blowing off steam your self. The flirting and teasing never stopped but he understood you didn't want anything more than friendship and was glad to "have a partner in mischief" as he said..

              It's been weeks since the argument with James. He hasn't talked to you except for small talk here or there and work stuff. Wanda and nat got home that Monday after the argument when you told them what happened and that you think you were just imagining the "feelings" and that from now on you and Bucky are just coworkers they just looked at each other and said "ok" they didn't believe you. You also stopped calling him James, it felt almost too personal for your now non existent relationship. In the weeks since moving in Wanda, Natasha and you have become super close. The flirting and Loki calling you "love" keep earning you odd looks from Steve which is odd but honestly Steve is just odd.

          putting down your favorite Viva Glam MAC lipstick you smile at your reflection, your long brown hair is falling down your back in soft waves, your make up is flawless. You're wearing a black silk dress that hugs your curves in every right place, its a little short falling to mid-thigh but with legs like yours it would be a sin not to show them off occasionally. Completing your outfit with some gorgeous Christian Louboutins  you head down stairs to wait for Wanda, vision, nat and Loki. Tonight you 5 are going out to a new club for a fun night of drinks and dancing. I'm downstairs and ready whenever you are you send off to the group, getting a few okays and be right downs you walk into the living area making sure your clutch has all the essentials when you hear "what the fu-" being cut off by Thor saying " Oh wow Caroline." you look up to see Thor, Steve, Bruce and Bucky sitting around hanging out. Suddenly nervous of Thor's comment you look down then back up "what? Is something wrong? Does it not look okay?" you hurry and ask before anyone can say anything Loki walks in "you look more than okay, love." he takes your hand gives you a little spin "absolutely beautiful!" he beams. You look back to the guys who all nod and agree, except Bucky. He stares at you and all you feel is anger? "are you two going on a date?" Steve says looking between you and Loki. Laughing as the rest of the group walks in "no we are headed to that new club" you smile "remember, we asked you all if you wanted to come" "oh right" Steve says "have a fun night everyone" with that you all head out.