Chapter 7: Your New Home

After his tender care of you, you had gone to sleep in a wallaby's hut, Ashido, if you remembered her name correctly. She was great at making you feel welcome, she was so bubbly and was nearly bursting at the seams with excitement when Bakugou handed you off to her, leaving you in her care.

He must've trusted her a great deal despite the glare he sent her way when she teasingly asked if you were his mate.

Your cheeks had reddened, fully aware of what that kind of bond held and lowered your head as Bakugou smacked the mischievous wallaby over the head.

As the sun peeked up over the horizon, basking you in a golden glow, you had raced to find your old childhood friend so that you could catch up and were now with Kirishima in a newly renovated mossy den; a shaky rumble emitting from the back of your throat in approval as you inspected your new home, crawling around on all fours and sending him a sharp-toothed grin.

Your tiny fangs poked out over your bottom lip as you explored every inch of the cozy space.

A beam of sunlight lit up the entrance and warmed the dirt edged with smooth rocks that signified your new home. There was a patch of soft moss towards the back for you to sleep on and a fresh spring of water dripping from the crack in the ceiling, pooling in a natural crevice with left enough drainage for the sitting water to filter out everyday.

You were in love.

It was set up directly adjacent to Bakugou's tent, which unlike your natural habitat, his tent was draped with some kind of waterproof buckskin taken off of an animal hide after a hunt, tapered at the edges and slathered with tar at the seams to keep the water out when it rained.

No one in the clan questioned why their leader had decided to move you into the den that once held Hagakure's medical supplies because even though it had only been a day since your arrival, everyone knew that your presence meant tranquility for the Barbarian King.

And a whole lot less yelling ringing through the clearing.

The cave was Bakugou's idea and it had taken him all night to set it up for you and move Hagakure's medicinal herbs to another area. While he was busy doing that, you stayed with Ashido and she dressed you.

Well, she tried to.

Last night, she had offered you some of her clothes to change into but you had blushed and asked if you could decline. At the knowing glint in her black and golden eyes, you fumbled over your words, quietly admitting that you rather liked Bakugou's clothes.

They were comfortable. You weren't ready to confess how safe you felt in them.

Ashido, being the ever sweet girl that she was, took it in stride and reassured you that it wasn't a problem. After all, the king had lent you his clothes. She doubted that he would miss it that much.

It had been really hard to fall asleep. Several times you woke up during the night and drifted outside but you never got past the guards, who gently asked you to return to Ashido's side for the time being until daylight came and it was safer.

You craved the outside. You wanted to stretch your legs. Freedom was calling you.

All of the sudden, everything was too cramped. The darkness, too familiar.

The majority of Bakugou's camp sat in a relatively deep pit. There were ledges scattered everywhere that made it easy to climb out and an incline that led to his tent. If you wanted to sneak out, you would have to try and get past him and after everything that had happened, everything that he had done for you, there was nothing inside you that told you that it was worth it to risk it.