Chapter 30

As we approached the chopper, I heard jet-like sounds above us coming close and getting louder. Within seconds, two Ironman suits landed with a loud thud in a few feet in front of us...directly in front of the chopper. Just like Steve said they would do. In front of us was just the two guys: the iconic red and yellow one belonging to Tony Stark himself, and the gray one belonging to Tony's friend that I've see in TV a few times. There were others, if was just a matter of time of when they are supposed to show up. Steve and I slowed our pace until we came to a complete stop and we observed the scene. I was slightly behind Steve, glancing from him to Tony to Tony's friend. Here we go.

       "Wow. It's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Stark retracted his helmet to reveal that iconic goatee. He was just as snarky as the news reporters said he was on TV.

        "Yeah so weird." He friend added on. His suit was much bulkier than Tony's, and there was a machine gun on his shoulder. I've seen him on TV sometimes as well be referred to as War Machine. He backed up Tony, as friends did.

        "Hear me out, Tony," Steve attempted to reason with Tony, who looked very unimpressed. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Right after Bucky spoke, a black figure popped out of nowhere. My eyes followed the figure as he flipped in the air and landed gracefully on the ground. When he stopped moving, I recognized him as the same man who chased Bucky and I through Bucharest. He had those metal claws extended, and the sun reflected off of them, creating a blinding glare.

        "Captain." Panther guy greeted Steve. Steve dipped his head respectfully to the the Panther guy.

          "Your highness." Highness? This guy was royalty? Well of course he was royalty, Clara, I scolded myself. His dad was the king of Wakanda, who was killed by that doctor who framed Bucky. This guy wanted revenge. But he was targeting the wrong guy. I followed Steve's lead, and dipped my head respectfully as well, not wanting to seek rude. Tony's sarcastic sounding tone snapped my attention back to him.

           "Anyways," Stark began. "Ross gave me thirty-six hours to turn you in. That was twenty-four hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Steve didn't react or anything. He just kept his cool, and I just stood there like an out of place idiot. Just let Steve do the talking, he knows what to do.

           "You're after the wrong guy." Steve said with an even, confident voice. But Stark  looked even more irritated as the conversation carried along. I noticed that his weight shifted from one leg to the other. He was getting impatient.

           "Did she tell you that?" Tony brought me into the conversation, signaling his hand out towards me, but I just kept my mouth shut. "I'm assuming she told you that. Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people."

           "He didn't kill anyone." I couldn't stop myself from barging in. I was a witness. I can prove Bucky's innocence because I was with him the entire time. "We were in Bucharest, I was with him the entire time. He is completely innocent." Tony didn't seem to care what I had to say though. I'm guessing so wasn't important enough to have my point of view shared with the rest of the group.

           "Tony, there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find him first, Tony. I can't."

           "Steve..." a female voice behind me and Steve both made us jump a bit...well it made me jump at least. When I pivoted, I recognized the red-headed Avenger. It was Black Widow, and she was in her black jumpsuit. She didn't even seem to realize I was there though. Her eyes were locked on Steve's. This would be much cooler if I didn't have to fight any of them. "You know what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?" Black Widow spoke in a very calm and rather soothing voice, but it wasn't enough to change Steve's mind. Not even close. Steve turned his back from Black Widow, but I kept my body angled in a way so I could see Stark and his friend as well as Black Widow. She was right about one thing, I spoke to myself. It was really happening.