The First Sleepover

Dateline: 8:30 PM in Emma's Room

Dan's in his best friend's room which is painted Purple with a tad Pink and a Bed that fits Two people. He's on the bed, lying on his back because of his concussion, and is staring at the chandelier that's not on. Emma's sitting on her bean bag chair, pulling out a book from her backpack. Dan sat up on the bed and looked at Emma, who was reading a book with a cover of a girl with her arms wrapped around a boy's neck while looking curiously at a red velvet train titled Hogwarts Express on the front.

''Emma? What book are you reading?'' asked Dan curiously. Emma turned the book so that the cover was facing her face.

''Oh, This?'' asked Emma, and Dan nodded. ''Harry Potter and Hermione Granger and The Philosopher's Stone''

''Who's Harry Potter and Hermione Granger?'' questioned Dan.

''Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, or more commonly known as The-Boy-and-Girl-Who-Lived, were both hit by a curse by a dark wizard and were forced to live with Harry's horrible relatives for the next 11 years. A Giant then rescued them, and he took them to get some supplies for their new school: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. On the train, the Hogwarts Express, they meet some friends and an enemy along the way. It's a good book, and I would think you would like it.''

''Wizards? Witches?'' Emma nodded. ''This I got to see! Wait! Um... is there by chance you have an extra copy of the book?'' questioned Dan.

''There's one right by my bookshelf on the third level on the far right-hand side,'' answered Emma.

''Thanks!'' said Dan.

Dan got out of bed and headed over to Emma's bookshelf, and looked for the book. Sure enough, the book was on the right-hand side of the third level. He looked at the cover suspiciously and saw the boy and girl looking curiously at a red velvet train titled Hogwarts Express on the front. After staring at the front cover for a full minute, he walks over to the bed, flips the book, and sees a thin man wearing a purple uniform with a wizard's hat and holding a pipe to his mouth puffing out smoke.

He sits on the edge of the bed, and he begins to read the back cover of the book to himself ''Harry Potter and Hermione Granger think that they're ordinary children - until they are rescued by an owl, taken to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, learns to play Quidditch and does battle in a deadly duel. The Reason: HARRY POTTER AND HERMIONE GRANGER ARE WIZARDS!''

After reading the back cover, he turns the book over to the front cover, and he skims the book and sees that it's 223 pages long.

''Hmm...'' said Dan silently. ''That's all there is, huh? 223 pages? I think I can survive this book. I just need to focus and read one chapter at a time.''

With that said, he flipped to the first chapter of the book titled The Boy and Girl Who Lived. He glanced at the title, thinking to himself, ''The Boy and Girl Who Lived, huh? So that's what Emma mentioned in that conversation that we had about this duo, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger!''

So he began to read the first words to himself, ''Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much."

After 30 minutes of reading, he finished the first two chapters and silently laughed when Dudley and Piers, the spoiled bully and his friend, got soaked after falling through the glass that let out a boa constrictor.

''Wow, interesting book for the first two chapters. Thanks, Emma!'' said Dan.

''Why?'' questioned Emma, looking up from the book,

''For introducing me to new books, of course.''

Emma puts the book down on the chair and starts to lunge towards Dan wrapping her arms around his neck in the process, and she did something she never done before, and kissed him on the cheek. Both blushed, and their cheeks turned bright red.

''Uh, w-well, um... th-that was'' stammered Dan, as he squeezed Emma tighter in his arms.

''Let's not mention to any of our parents this, okay?'' said Emma, and Dan nodded.

Emma climbed into bed and motioned Dan to come on the bed with her.

''A-Are you sure you won't regret this, Emma? With me sleeping with you?'' questioned Dan.

''No, I won't. It's okay, You're fine with me, and no matter what happens, I'll always defend you, and you'll always defend me.'' Emma reassured Dan, and he nodded.

He climbed into bed on the right-hand side and closed his eyes. After 30 minutes, Dan was fast asleep, and he felt two things around his stomach. At first, he thought it was a big stuffed animal, and he turned around and hugged the stuffed animal. Emma was fast asleep with her eyes still shut as she flung her arms around Dan's body because she has a habit of tossing and turning in bed. When Dan accidentally threw his arms towards Emma, she blushed and decided that it was a stuffed animal because the touch was so soft and smooth.