U.S. Premiere

Dateline: November 16th, 2001

Emma's POV

It's time for the U.S. Premiere of Harry Potter and Hermione Granger: The Philosopher's Stone. I can't believe that all the hard work me, Dan, the cast, and the crew have been through the past six months in this film! It was indeed an achievement for us to be a part of this beloved franchise since 1997 when I first introduced it to Dan three months after the 223-page book was released. Anyways, the premiere starts at 1930 sharp, and we still need to get dressed. It begins in an hour, and I don't think that's enough time for us to get dressed, wolf something down, and drive over to Cinema Village on East 12th Street. So, in the meantime, I'll just change into my green dress, and hopefully, Dan's wearing something nice like last time. I just love the looks that he wears; even with no tie, he's handsome in every way. I finally got dressed after a full five minutes of putting the dress on. Honestly, us ladies need to be dressed professionally while guys like Dan only wear suits and/or blazers, but I don't care what other people think about men's clothing. Also, critiquing Daniel about his clothing choice is my way of teasing him playfully. Dan's right by my side, stroking my hair in a teasing manner with his usual attire on. Only this time, instead of a blue shirt in London, he wore a purple shirt which surprised me for a little bit. I was about to do my makeup, but Dan, of course, whispered into my ear.

"The best makeup a girl can have is a smile," he said, taking the lipstick out of my hand. "There's no reason for you to be wearing makeup to the premiere, my dear, Watson."

"You're right. I should not need makeup for the premiere." I said, heading off to my room to fetch a bottle. "I shall put on perfume so that it will attract the cameras all around m- Hey!"

"Emma, Emma, Emma. Haven't I told you before?" he said, taking the perfume bottle away from me. "You look perfect in every way! There's no way a bottle of perfume, lipstick or even nail polish will attract cameras. But, your smile attracts cameras, and you show yourself to the universe that you are the most beautiful girl on this planet. Looks are not deceiving and critique when you've got no makeup on. So, show the world what you got, and you don't need these even to look hot."

"Oh, all right. You win." I said in defeat. "But you owe me something when we get back, and you would probably guess that now."

"Oh, I know exactly what we're doing, Emma. Don't worry; you'll have your gift when we get back."

I kept teasing him more, and he won't stop laughing, and to make matters better, Chris, Alan, and Alex came in. They told us that we're leaving to go to Cinema Village for the last premiere of Harry Potter and Hermione Granger: The Philosopher's Stone. We're really excited about this, and to top it all off, no sign of Marcia and no sign of my mother at the Theatre, as Alan and my dad told us. What could spoil this lovely evening for the U.S. Premiere? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Well, except from my brother teasing the press on our relationship. I tried to talk to him, but all I get is his excessive talking when I'm trying to make a point. In order for me and Dan to have no dating rumours spreading across the world, I talked to my dad, and he saw if he can sort Alex for a little bit as it's getting out of hand with the early stages of teenage drama. My dad said yes, and we started to head out of the room and into Alan's car. The black SUV that Alan is driving is compared to my dad's car in many ways, two captain seats, a three-person backseat, and, well, you get the idea. After clearing traffic for 20 minutes, we eventually got to the Theatre, and the flashing of cameras immediately swarmed us. It's kind of annoying to be blinded by the flashing when taking photos at your first premiere, but eventually, you'll get used to it after a few tries. We head on inside, and the first person we see is J.K. Rowling, yet again. It's like every time we go to a premiere, we always see the author first before the crew and cast members, and there's no complaining about that. It's always lovely to see Jo again at premieres. Waving to us when we first walked in or giving us hugs every time are just a few reasons why she's really nice to people like us. After much talking to the castmates and crew members, we eventually headed inside, and we were immediately escorted upstairs by an usher who brought us to what we had last time, only this time, healthy stuff like meat, salads, and water to go along with our desserts. After the U.S. Premiere is done and over, it's time to go back to the hotel and pack tomorrow for Britain. Alan drove off in his car along with Dan and me, but Alex was caught up in the crowd, and we had to wait for him for at least 20 minutes. He eventually got into the car, and we drove off to the hotel. We headed to our rooms, and I reminded Dan of our gift two hours ago.

"Well, Emma, it's been a fun ride for our first film, ain't it?"

"You can say that again. It's only getting started, you know?"

"Yes, it's only going to get even better," he said, capturing his lips with mine.

Our lips moved slowly until I broke the kiss. I told Dan that I'd be back as I headed to the bathroom to change into my regular clothes. I came out of the room, and I can see Dan lying on the bed. I moved over to him, and I laid my head on his shoulder while his eyes were still awake.

"You know, we can still continue this, you know?" he said, leaning in.

I smiled back, and I captured his lips with mine and began to move really slow, and before he knew it, I grabbed the blazer and shirt and unbuttoned them, leaving him with his muscular sized chest.

"When did you work out?" I asked.

"While you were gone with Chris to go shopping, I went with my dad to go to a workout place, and you know he likes to keep the family in shape," he answered. "Also, I was on a football team before taking a turn on acting. Does that answer your question?"

"Yes," I said, giving him a quick kiss.

I started to touch his hands and motioned them onto the hem of my shirt. Dan was confused at the thought, but he did as he was told and lifted the shirt above my head, revealing nothing but a lacy bra that separated us from going too far. He pulled his pants down, and I pulled down mine, but I told him we couldn't go too far. He listened and pulled me into a kiss that was full of bliss that filled the room. We kissed, and we cuddled, all warmed up by the bed; nothing was distracting us when our faces were red. Dan was below, and I was on top; we started to get under the covers that made a small flop. We sat there for a while with nothing in our way; we kissed once more, which ended our day.