Quidditch

Dateline: November 9th, 1991

Yesterday couldn't have been worse for Harry and Hermione as Snape purposefully took a copy of Quidditch Through The Ages as opposed to the made-up rule that Snape came up with Library- Books-Aren't-To-Be-Taken-From-The-Library as an excuse to see James Potter right before his very eyes. Even worse, due to Hermione's encounter with the troll, she couldn't participate in the first Quidditch game of the season against Slytherin, which made Harry a lot more nervous than she thought it would be. The following day, in the great hall, everyone was just finishing their breakfast, and Harry could only eat less due to the fact that he's nervous for himself and for Hermione that she can't participate in the first match of the season.

''You're gonna need your strength today,'' said Hermione, urging Harry to eat, but he refused to eat more food. Then, all of a sudden, Snape limped over to where Harry and Hermione sat.

''Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin.'' he said, limping off to the teacher's table.

''That explains the blood,'' he said in a whisper

''Blood?'' questioned Hermione

''Last night, on Hallowe'en, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3-Headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping,'' he said, leaving a confused expression on Hermione's face. ''The day we were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret.''

''So you're saying that this is what the dog's guarding and That's what Snape wants?'' he nodded. ''I was literally thinking the same.''

All of a sudden, Two owls were screeching as both entered the Great Hall. One was a snowy-white owl with black eyes like kaleidoscopes, and the other had brown skin and small brown eyes, each carrying a large, long parcel. A few seconds later, both drop the packaging in Harry's and Hermione's hands.

''Bit early for mail, isn't it?'' Hermione asked

''But w-we never get mail, apart from the Hogwarts letters in July,'' answered Harry. ''Want to take a look?''

Without physically answering him, she unwrapped her package, and Harry followed suit. They finished opening their mail to reveal a long, wooden model with a handle and bristles from the back.

''A broomstick? Why?'' said Hermione as Harry looked at the broomstick handle with gold letters on the front.

''That's not just a broomstick, Hermione. Look for golden letters on the front of the handle,'' answered Harry, and she followed his orders.

''A Nimbus 2000?! Who would do such a thing for us?''

''I don't kn-''

Hedwig shrieked at the front of the room, which caught the attention of the two confused Gryffindors. She wasn't being stroked by Dumbledore, which surprised Hermione and Harry; It was McGonagall who was stroking Hedwig at her spot at the teachers' table, giving a smile at them, and they nodded in respect.

Hours later, Harry was standing outside the Quidditch tent and was nervous for his first game because Hermione wasn't there with the team to be their backup seeker in case Harry did get injured. As soon as Harry was about to enter the tent, a familiar face of bushy-brown hair was in his face, and he felt something wet touch his cheek, which made him turn into a state of red. Hermione was down from the stands to see Harry in his first-ever Quidditch game.

''Best of luck, Harry!'' she said, hugging him tightly, not letting go

''Thanks! I just wish you were here on the field with me in case one of the Chasers got injured,'' said Harry, hugging back.